UF v. Rutgers-Camden v. Villanova

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Your pick?

Florida
17%
Rutgers-Camden
75%
Villanova
8%

Total votes: 12

jay217

UF v. Rutgers-Camden v. Villanova

Postby jay217 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Florida - no scholarship
R-C - full tuition
Villanova - $30k/yr scholarship

Not from Philly or Florida... not much family, so not tied to any specific area. Have a business background and would like to end up working in corporate law. Have a small side-business, so wouldn't need loans for cost of living, etc.

156 / 3.2

Thanks!

timbs4339

Re: UF v. Rutgers-Camden v. Villanova

Postby timbs4339 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:10 pm

R-C is only defensible choice here generally. But as other posters will surely tell you, your career goals do not comport with your list of schools unless by "corporate law" you mean representing small businesses. These are not schools that send many graduates into corporate law and other fields of law that they do send students into are much different from corporate law.

You should retake the LSAT and try to get up into the 160s.

LafayetteJeff

Postby LafayetteJeff » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:52 am

R-C. Just know that your job opportunities post grad will be focused in Philly and NJ, and to some extent NYC (particularly since Camden is merging into one entity with the Newark campus-- to my knowledge things like OCI and career services will be merged, not to mention the brand consolidated). If you're good with that geography, then it's a great offer.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:57 am

Definitely retake here. Your goals are lofty for these schools. Corporate law is really only available in biglaw, for which you'll need either T-14 or a very strong regional school. I'd sit this year out and study hard for the 170+ you'll need to counteract that gpa (I'm in the same spot there).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”