Cornell $$$ vs. Penn ???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Vermonster

Cornell $$$ vs. Penn ???

Postby Vermonster » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Last edited by Vermonster on Sat May 28, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

starry eyed

Re: Cornell $$$ vs. Penn ???

Postby starry eyed » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:24 pm

my hard dollar figure is that penn is worth $62,500 more than cornell based off my perception of your risk/reward preference.

certainly no where near 135k

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:26 pm

You could always retake and then get a substantially larger scholarship at Penn when your lsat is also at/above their median.

WeeBey

Postby WeeBey » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:18 pm

I wouldnt take Penn unless they offer 100k min.

r1tlv50

Postby r1tlv50 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Damn man you have very similar stats to me and I'm from Philly too. If you don't mind me asking did you get those apps in early or have strong softs? My cycle didn't go quite this well (I did apply on a lot of deadlines, though :( )

I would go with Cornell here just bc of how overwhelmingly both Penn and Cornell place of NYC biglaw, which you mentioned as a goal. Philly biglaw is probably more likely from P, so it'd be a matter of deciding how much you value that opportunity v. decreased debt.

Congrats on the acceptances and aid

Vermonster

Postby Vermonster » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:43 pm

r1tlv50 wrote:Damn man you have very similar stats to me and I'm from Philly too. If you don't mind me asking did you get those apps in early or have strong softs? My cycle didn't go quite this well (I did apply on a lot of deadlines, though :( )

I would go with Cornell here just bc of how overwhelmingly both Penn and Cornell place of NYC biglaw, which you mentioned as a goal. Philly biglaw is probably more likely from P, so it'd be a matter of deciding how much you value that opportunity v. decreased debt.

Congrats on the acceptances and aid

Thanks! I applied in late October, so that probably helped me a little. I think my softs are average tbh, but it's hard to say. Most of it is probably just getting lucky and applying to the right school at the right time. I was pleasantly surprised with my results though!

Vermonster

Postby Vermonster » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:47 pm

WeeBey wrote:I wouldnt take Penn unless they offer 100k min.

Yeah this is definitely along the lines of what I was thinking. It seems pretty doubtful that they will offer me that much though :(

Return to “Choosing a Law School”