UT vs. WUSTL

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

UT vs. WUSTL

Postby Poldy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:43 pm

Xxx
Last edited by Poldy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:02 pm

With an engineering degree & your interest in oil & gas, Texas appears to be a great option--especially with your double discount.

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby starry eyed » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:32 pm

we can't really help you unless you tell what your goals are specifically but yea UT looks good here- i can't imagine a situation where going to WUSTL is worth that much more unless you wanted to live in the midwest.
Last edited by starry eyed on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby KMart » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm

UT based on your goals, but where are you from?

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby Poldy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:42 pm

starry eyed wrote:we can't really help you unless you tell what your goals are specifically but yea UT looks good here- i can't imagine a situation where going to WUSTL is worth that much more unless you wanted to live in the midwest.


WUSTL would be $10,000/year less expensive.

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby Poldy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:42 pm

KMart wrote:UT based on your goals, but where are you from?


Xxx
Last edited by Poldy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby starry eyed » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 pm

RancidSumo wrote:
starry eyed wrote:we can't really help you unless you tell what your goals are specifically but yea UT looks good here- i can't imagine a situation where going to WUSTL is worth that much more unless you wanted to live in the midwest.


WUSTL would be $10,000/year less expensive.


my bad... i misread the COA. i still say Texas though

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby Poldy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:59 pm

Xxx
Last edited by Poldy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10860
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:06 pm

I wouldn't go to UT without a burning desire to live and work in TX long term.

It's probably your best option but I think that's more than I would be willing to spend to go there though, you'll be like 130-140K in debt at graduation

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby Poldy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Xxx
Last edited by Poldy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10860
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby BigZuck » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 pm

My scholarship is about 10K more a year and I have SO support and I'll still be close to 80K debt when all is said and done. If you're debt financing all of that you'll be well over 100K debt but if you aren't then disregard.

Feel free to PM me if you want to hear about big law hunting in Houston from UT as a non-Texan.

Jobs in Austin (especially high paying) are extremely competitive and honestly I wouldn't even think of that as an option but maybe it's a possibility if your connections are rock solid.

I know it's tough as a splitter and you probably won't get any better options than this so if this is something you really want to do (and you know what all it entails) then I say go for it. It's just hard for me to recommend 100K+ debt at UT when you can already get a 100K job in your current career I guess.

User avatar
Poldy
Posts: 917
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:17 am

Re: UT vs. WUSTL

Postby Poldy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:07 pm

BigZuck wrote:My scholarship is about 10K more a year and I have SO support and I'll still be close to 80K debt when all is said and done. If you're debt financing all of that you'll be well over 100K debt but if you aren't then disregard.

Feel free to PM me if you want to hear about big law hunting in Houston from UT as a non-Texan.

Jobs in Austin (especially high paying) are extremely competitive and honestly I wouldn't even think of that as an option but maybe it's a possibility if your connections are rock solid.

I know it's tough as a splitter and you probably won't get any better options than this so if this is something you really want to do (and you know what all it entails) then I say go for it. It's just hard for me to recommend 100K+ debt at UT when you can already get a 100K job in your current career I guess.


Thanks for the help.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: big_willy_style_333, Earlskies, freekick, Grond, ss12345 and 8 guests