. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ineedacupofcoffee

New

Post by ineedacupofcoffee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:19 pm

Last edited by ineedacupofcoffee on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Winston1984

Gold

Re: Villanova versus UConn

Post by Winston1984 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 pm

If you want small firm/local government, Villanova. If you want biglaw/clerk/fed gov/some prestigious PI, neither. UConn is out imo.

ineedacupofcoffee

New

Post by ineedacupofcoffee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Winston1984 wrote:If you want small firm/local government, Villanova. If you want biglaw/clerk/fed gov/some prestigious PI, neither. UConn is out imo.
I'm fine with small firm/local government. I'm not a biglaw or bust kind of person. If I manage to do well enough to somehow have biglaw as an option, then I would consider it, but it's not an end all be all for me. Thanks for your input.

zombie mcavoy

Bronze

Post by zombie mcavoy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Am I reading it correctly that your COA at Villanova would be >100K? That is far too high of a cost for it to be a justifiable. You have a golden ticket; this is what you're going to spend it on?

UConn should be attended under almost no circumstances.

transferror

Silver

Post by transferror » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Nova is defensible b/c parents are footing the bill, you don't care enough about biglaw to base your decision on it, and want to work in PA.

^^ If any of that changes, don't go to Villanova. UConn shouldn't even be considered.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ineedacupofcoffee

New

Post by ineedacupofcoffee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:01 pm

transferror wrote:Nova is defensible b/c parents are footing the bill, you don't care enough about biglaw to base your decision on it, and want to work in PA.

^^ If any of that changes, don't go to Villanova. UConn shouldn't even be considered.
Thanks, this is what I figured.

zombie mcavoy

Bronze

Post by zombie mcavoy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:08 pm

transferror wrote:Nova is defensible b/c parents are footing the bill, you don't care enough about biglaw to base your decision on it, and want to work in PA.
If OP had specific, attainable career goals she was gunning for from Nova, then I would probably agree with you.

transferror

Silver

Post by transferror » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:30 pm

zombie mcavoy wrote:
If OP had specific, attainable career goals she was gunning for from Nova, then I would probably agree with you.
That's fair. OP - when you say small firm/local gov't, what do you mean? Anything particular in mind?

Because the path to a small employment firm, for instance, is very different than say the path to a local District Attorney's Office. Knowing the difference and planning summers/externships/networking accordingly is important.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”