Texas Tech vs Texas A&M

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Wooderson76

Texas Tech vs Texas A&M

Postby Wooderson76 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:59 pm

I need some help. What would be your choice between the two and why?

BigZuck

Re: Texas Tech vs Texas A&M

Postby BigZuck » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:02 pm

In order to receive feedback in this forum, please provide all of the following:

-The schools you are considering
-The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. COA = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships.
-How you will be financing your COA, i.e. loans, family, or savings
-Where you are from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any)
-Your general career goals
-Your LSAT/GPA numbers
-How many times you have taken the LSAT

Clemenceau

Postby Clemenceau » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Didn't know either one had a law school, which isn't a good sign.

Retake.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:09 pm

This won't end well, OP. Neither are defensible law schools (unless its basically free and you wanna practice in a city like Lubbock, Midland, Amarillo, El Paso, or Odessa)

zombie mcavoy

Postby zombie mcavoy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:This won't end well, OP. Neither are defensible law schools (unless its basically free and you wanna practice in a city like Lubbock, Midland, Amarillo, El Paso, or Odessa)

Yeah I would say we need your information, but we actually don't insofar as settling these schools goes.

Texas A&M is indefensible under essentially any circumstances. http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/texasam/2013/. They would need to pay you a significant wage for your attendance to not be a net loss. Its tuition is 35 thousand dollars. LOLOLOL.

Texas Tech might be defensible if you have a full ride, are from west Texas, and you want to work in west Texas (bless your heart). Simply because you are considering A&M, I assume you do not meet all three criteria?

But you should provide all of the information Zuck requested so that we can help you formulate a good long-term plan. Please listen to us. These are, in all likelihood, seriously bad options; we can help put you into a better position.

BVest

Postby BVest » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:53 pm

zombie mcavoy wrote:Texas Tech might be defensible if you have a full ride, are from west Texas, and you want to work in west Texas (bless your heart). Simply because you are considering A&M, I assume you do not meet all three criteria?

Fort Worth is the start of West Texas (I-20-and-points-north west Texas, that is; not I-10 corridor and the transPecos), but I guess you're probably talking more about the criterion that OP would have a full ride at Tech if they're also weighing ATM.

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Neither one is a feasible choice, assuming that your goals are a living wage. Fort Worth is a burgeoning area (like most of Texas), but A&M is nowhere close to viable yet. Additionally, should you go to A&M, you are pretty much guaranteed to be swindled out of serious cash, since their scholarship conditions are appalling. I agree. They should pay you to attend. Texas Tech is a step in the right direction. Just one problem: Lubbock. There will be zero portability to other Texas markets. Why no UT??

Retake.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”