Harvard (191) vs. NYU (96) vs. Duke (62)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:25 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

rickgrimes69

Re: Harvard (191) vs. NYU (96) vs. Duke (62)

Postby rickgrimes69 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:09 am

ryan77749 wrote:176/3.9. I know I sound like a spoiled asshole, but I honestly hate the position I am in. I have 90k at Chicago, but have no desire to go there. I want to work in nyc/philly/dc, and I already emailed nyu and duke asking them to consider me for additional merit aid. Every other school waitlisted me. And the money I have saved Is from my 3 years out of school working a pointless job, which will have no effect on my legal career.

OP, either you aren't telling us something, or you done goofed here. Those numbers should be getting you fullies across the lower T14.

In any event, don't cash in this golden goose for a pewter egg just because you're impatient. You recognize that your cycle didn't pan out to your expectations, and you are justified in your disappointment. Figure out what you messed up on your apps and re-apply day 1 of next cycle. Think about it this way - for the price of one extra year to do whatever you want, you're almost guaranteed the choice of receiving a near six-figure return (in lower T14 scholarships + avoided interest) or admission to H/S (and possibly Y as well). This is a no-brainer, and the people ITT encouraging you to pick any of these sub-par options (relative to your numbers) is doing you a disservice.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”