Berkeley v UCLA LRAP

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sdthomp

Berkeley v UCLA LRAP

Postby sdthomp » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi all-

I was wondering if anyone had wisdom on if there were any significant differences between UCLA and Berkeley's LRAP. I have a good-sized Dean's Scholarship from UCLA and a smaller matching award from Berkeley. I am not worried about the PI requirement but grew up in NYC and hope to return there after law school to do immigrant rights work.

I am trying to read the fine print of the two LRAP programs and figure out if Berkeley's national reach is worth the extra $$, especially if I'm 100% sure I'll be in LRAP-eligible work (I have several years of work experience in the field already). I am in the Epstein program at UCLA which seems pretty great and has a decent alumni network in NYC, so that might not be as big a deal as I fear.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this! Both LRAP programs are integrated with IBR, and appear to use the same definition of public interest. Berkeley's has a slightly higher salary cap but other than that, I can't see any major differences. Please illuminate them, if they are there! Thank you!

twenty

Re: Berkeley v UCLA LRAP

Postby twenty » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:31 pm

How much are total cost of attendance for both?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”