BC vs. Temple vs. St. John's Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I go?

BC
32%
Temple
18%
St. John's
50%

Total votes: 34

The Dark Shepard

Bronze

Re: BC vs. Temple vs. St. John's

Post by The Dark Shepard » Tue May 05, 2015 2:16 pm

BlueLotus wrote:
cron1834 wrote:Can't believe I missed this.

Anyway, lunatic or otherwise, BL is absolutely right in this thread. If they threw money around like WUSTL it would be one thing, but they don't. This is way too much debt for a regional school.
Nothing lunatic about being debt-averse. Again, I just don't get the severe backlash against me ITT.
"Can I not put my school on my resume? Like no employer anywhere respects Boston College. It's a TTTrap at any cost."

And you only show up for BC threads and nothing else, which makes you look like you have an agenda because of your personal issues with the school, not out of wanting to help or whatnot.

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Tue May 05, 2015 2:26 pm

The Dark Shepard wrote:
BlueLotus wrote:

Anyway, lunatic or otherwise, BL is absolutely right in this thread. If they threw money around like WUSTL it would be one thing, but they don't. This is way too much debt for a regional school.
Nothing lunatic about being debt-averse. Again, I just don't get the severe backlash against me ITT.
"Can I not put my school on my resume? Like no employer anywhere respects Boston College. It's a TTTrap at any cost."

And you only show up for BC threads and nothing else, which makes you look like you have an agenda because of your personal issues with the school, not out of wanting to help or whatnot.
I want to help people not make potentially self-destructive life decisions, like going to a school with an LST employment score of 63% at or near sticker price. If that's an "agenda" then so be it.

The Dark Shepard

Bronze

Post by The Dark Shepard » Tue May 05, 2015 2:35 pm

BlueLotus wrote:
The Dark Shepard wrote:
BlueLotus wrote:

I want to help people not make potentially self-destructive life decisions, like going to a school with an LST employment score of 63% at or near sticker price. If that's an "agenda" then so be it.
You're missing the part where you only focus on one school.

Also, BC's employment score is now 75%.

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Tue May 05, 2015 2:44 pm

The Dark Shepard wrote:
You're missing the part where you only focus on one school.

Also, BC's employment score is now 75%.
My bad, I was going off the c/o 2013 LST statistics. Still, 1/4 is a big chunk of the class being un/under-employed 10 months after graduation. :|

As a current Valer who attended said school, I have more authority to speak about its employment prospects, return on investment, etc. That's why I focus on one school instead of bashing random schools.

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Think the anti-BL trolling has been beaten to death. Just take her opinion about BC with a grain of salt and move on. Is it a TTTrap? No. Is it not without its risks? No.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aristone

New

Post by Aristone » Wed May 06, 2015 1:44 am

I would understand BL's agenda if it was limited to BC at sticker (or remotely close to cost), which I would never EVER recommend. You cannot force your point through a bunch of 'OH MY GOD THIS SCHOOL IS AWFUL" posts and then pull back at the last minute when called out. At a certain point, you can only blame the school so much. This is coming from someone who understands your position deeply and worked my butt off for where I am. Everyone I know (from the bottom of my class of up) is doing well. Get it together. Please. I beg you. And none of these statements are hyperbole or sarcasm. I truly want you to succeed. I agree with BL's "current agenda" and can confirm that BC at sticker is disastrous, but that's where it ends.

OP if you need advice on BC in the Northeast markets (specifically Philly) let me know. I worked my tail off for my current amazing job that was not just handed to me via OCI or callbacks. I can help.

BL...just end it. We get it. We're exhausted by it. You win (or lose) and we lose (or win)...for God's sake I'd just like to see a BC thread without you in it. It is truly time for you to move on. We all get your ultimate point: BC IS NOT WORTH STICKER. Sadly, you're just not communicating it effectively. I can't imagine how you did poorly.

Not at all.

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Fri May 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Aristone wrote:I would understand BL's agenda if it was limited to BC at sticker (or remotely close to cost), which I would never EVER recommend. You cannot force your point through a bunch of 'OH MY GOD THIS SCHOOL IS AWFUL" posts and then pull back at the last minute when called out. At a certain point, you can only blame the school so much. This is coming from someone who understands your position deeply and worked my butt off for where I am. Everyone I know (from the bottom of my class of up) is doing well. Get it together. Please. I beg you. And none of these statements are hyperbole or sarcasm. I truly want you to succeed. I agree with BL's "current agenda" and can confirm that BC at sticker is disastrous, but that's where it ends.

OP if you need advice on BC in the Northeast markets (specifically Philly) let me know. I worked my tail off for my current amazing job that was not just handed to me via OCI or callbacks. I can help.

BL...just end it. We get it. We're exhausted by it. You win (or lose) and we lose (or win)...for God's sake I'd just like to see a BC thread without you in it. It is truly time for you to move on. We all get your ultimate point: BC IS NOT WORTH STICKER. Sadly, you're just not communicating it effectively. I can't imagine how you did poorly.

Not at all.
Hi...how were you able to swing a legal job in Philly from BC? I am targeting Philly. Did 1L and 2L summers there and have been in touch with several members of the Philadelphia BC alumni chapter. Currently in the Vale, so any assistance would be appreciated.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Sat May 09, 2015 4:29 pm

BlueLotus wrote:
Rigo wrote:
IChaseAmbulances wrote:Well Blue, after months hearing second hand your incessant attacks on Boston College Law School on this forum, I finally took the plunge into the nihilistic circle jerk that is TLS and decided to respond (after a few beers, of course. You people are unbearable sober).

As others have indicated, debt, scholly offers, and employment prospects are obvious factors in considering which law school to attend. I have no pretensions of expertise when it comes to the "which law school is for me" calculus. I just hope the original poster does his or her research and chooses the law school that will maximize his or her happiness.

Anyway, Blue, enough platitudes. Let's put our cards on the table here.

As I am sure you very well know, your campaign of bullshit is causing a small - yet potent - stir on our campus. Now, traditionally I pride myself on avoiding law school drama and controversy (I never participated in Constitutional Law II, not even once!). Yet, when I finally took the time to read up on your ongoing crusade against Boston College, unlike my favorite SCOTUS Justice, I felt compelled to break my long silence.

I was shocked to learn that you insert your diabolical hatred for BCLS into literally every post you craft, even if it's as forced and awkward as Jesse Pinkman at Skyler White's dining table. As such, I can only imagine how hard you creamed when you processed the title of this thread. Your day of relevance had finally come; for months you were Michael Scott, futilely chirping "That's what she said. That's what she said. That's what she said," until you finally got the perfect set up to your tired punchline (just a couple of mainstream TV references for the philistines lurking in the shadows). So, I figured this was the ideal thread to address your behavior.

While I can't say I've had the displeasure of meeting you personally, like many students at Boston College, I have heard things about you. Whatever happened between you and Boston College is entirely your business and I obviously would never publicly disclose what bizarre rumors I've heard about your situation (or your identity). But, and here's my point -- I think for the sake of OP and anyone else out there considering Boston College, please understand that Blue had a unique and adverse experience at BC Law and maintains a quixotic vendetta against the institution and its administration. Her in depth analysis and contributions, such as "BC is a TTTrap. Stay far, far away," don't even warrant the proverbial grain of salt. Her words are just shit.

You're insanely biased against the school and have devoted an absurd amount of your time to steering people away from Boston College. Hey, your agenda is just that; your agenda. But do not for a single second operate under the pretense that you're offering genuine advice to OP, when you're clearly just advancing your petty war against my school.

Admittedly, my response somewhat legitimizes your "retaliation" against Boston College, and perhaps even provokes further dubious attacks on BC. At some point in my limited online forum experience I believe I encountered the phrase "Do Not Feed the Trolls." I don't know if that's what this is, but whatever. Again, it's not my intention to attack you personally (although I probably did...is that what you call a Collateral Attack? I haven't started Bar Prep yet), but simply to expose your obvious bias against Boston College, and alert others (or at the minimum OP) to the game you're playing. I'm being sincere, and not flippant, when I say I hope your life gets better; hostility aside, your post history reveals a sad and broken human. I get it; law school can be miserable experience...but it'll be over soon, and you have the rest of your life to chase your happiness. Let me make this point again so it's not lost: going forward, I wish you the best and hope you find your peace. But I won't sit idly and watch you dilute the value of my degree - by whatever infinitesimal amount - by discouraging potential applicants from considering Boston College.

I won't think about you and this nonsense again (well, that is, until graduation, when we'll all have a nice laugh at the JD equivalent of the spinster Catlady giving a 1-star Yelp review to the dry cleaner she lives above because she thinks the undocumented workers there are tapping into her landline. Yikes!).

For anyone who thinks this diatribe is unwarranted, Blue literally compared Boston College to Cooley.

Stay classy, Blue.
lol you showed her!
15K per year is still NOT enough to make BC worth it. Isn't this TLS conventional wisdom? OP should negotiate for more money if he has offers from peer schools. BC is notoriously stingy. At $15K/year off, that's still a crazy amount of debt for a potentially grim outcome. I met a recent grad at a networking event who said that some of his peers' legal careers never took off and that they are bar tending. Is that an outcome you are willing to embrace, with six figures of student debt hanging over your head?
You seem to have made marked progress in the past few months. Your posts are rational, have no bizarre sexual references and use objective data. Most importantly, you didn't go crazy when challenged. Not here to partake in the debate, but whatever you've changed since March seems to be working. Keep at it.

BlueLotus

Gold

Post by BlueLotus » Sun May 10, 2015 9:56 am

AReasonableMan wrote:
BlueLotus wrote:
Rigo wrote:
IChaseAmbulances wrote:Well Blue, after months hearing second hand your incessant attacks on Boston College Law School on this forum, I finally took the plunge into the nihilistic circle jerk that is TLS and decided to respond (after a few beers, of course. You people are unbearable sober).

As others have indicated, debt, scholly offers, and employment prospects are obvious factors in considering which law school to attend. I have no pretensions of expertise when it comes to the "which law school is for me" calculus. I just hope the original poster does his or her research and chooses the law school that will maximize his or her happiness.

Anyway, Blue, enough platitudes. Let's put our cards on the table here.

As I am sure you very well know, your campaign of bullshit is causing a small - yet potent - stir on our campus. Now, traditionally I pride myself on avoiding law school drama and controversy (I never participated in Constitutional Law II, not even once!). Yet, when I finally took the time to read up on your ongoing crusade against Boston College, unlike my favorite SCOTUS Justice, I felt compelled to break my long silence.

I was shocked to learn that you insert your diabolical hatred for BCLS into literally every post you craft, even if it's as forced and awkward as Jesse Pinkman at Skyler White's dining table. As such, I can only imagine how hard you creamed when you processed the title of this thread. Your day of relevance had finally come; for months you were Michael Scott, futilely chirping "That's what she said. That's what she said. That's what she said," until you finally got the perfect set up to your tired punchline (just a couple of mainstream TV references for the philistines lurking in the shadows). So, I figured this was the ideal thread to address your behavior.

While I can't say I've had the displeasure of meeting you personally, like many students at Boston College, I have heard things about you. Whatever happened between you and Boston College is entirely your business and I obviously would never publicly disclose what bizarre rumors I've heard about your situation (or your identity). But, and here's my point -- I think for the sake of OP and anyone else out there considering Boston College, please understand that Blue had a unique and adverse experience at BC Law and maintains a quixotic vendetta against the institution and its administration. Her in depth analysis and contributions, such as "BC is a TTTrap. Stay far, far away," don't even warrant the proverbial grain of salt. Her words are just shit.

You're insanely biased against the school and have devoted an absurd amount of your time to steering people away from Boston College. Hey, your agenda is just that; your agenda. But do not for a single second operate under the pretense that you're offering genuine advice to OP, when you're clearly just advancing your petty war against my school.

Admittedly, my response somewhat legitimizes your "retaliation" against Boston College, and perhaps even provokes further dubious attacks on BC. At some point in my limited online forum experience I believe I encountered the phrase "Do Not Feed the Trolls." I don't know if that's what this is, but whatever. Again, it's not my intention to attack you personally (although I probably did...is that what you call a Collateral Attack? I haven't started Bar Prep yet), but simply to expose your obvious bias against Boston College, and alert others (or at the minimum OP) to the game you're playing. I'm being sincere, and not flippant, when I say I hope your life gets better; hostility aside, your post history reveals a sad and broken human. I get it; law school can be miserable experience...but it'll be over soon, and you have the rest of your life to chase your happiness. Let me make this point again so it's not lost: going forward, I wish you the best and hope you find your peace. But I won't sit idly and watch you dilute the value of my degree - by whatever infinitesimal amount - by discouraging potential applicants from considering Boston College.

I won't think about you and this nonsense again (well, that is, until graduation, when we'll all have a nice laugh at the JD equivalent of the spinster Catlady giving a 1-star Yelp review to the dry cleaner she lives above because she thinks the undocumented workers there are tapping into her landline. Yikes!).

For anyone who thinks this diatribe is unwarranted, Blue literally compared Boston College to Cooley.

Stay classy, Blue.
lol you showed her!
15K per year is still NOT enough to make BC worth it. Isn't this TLS conventional wisdom? OP should negotiate for more money if he has offers from peer schools. BC is notoriously stingy. At $15K/year off, that's still a crazy amount of debt for a potentially grim outcome. I met a recent grad at a networking event who said that some of his peers' legal careers never took off and that they are bar tending. Is that an outcome you are willing to embrace, with six figures of student debt hanging over your head?
You seem to have made marked progress in the past few months. Your posts are rational, have no bizarre sexual references and use objective data. Most importantly, you didn't go crazy when challenged. Not here to partake in the debate, but whatever you've changed since March seems to be working. Keep at it.
"Bizarre sexual references"? WTF? When did I do that?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

greek18

New

Post by greek18 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:24 am

"Bizarre sexual references"? WTF? When did I do that?"

This is one example: "So brahs, thoughts on wearing a low-cut top and push-up bra during finals? Distract ~50% of the curve with my curves, bwahahaha..."

I am sure there are many more but I am personally too lazy to seek them out.
I'll leave that to the rest of the users. I did however get an A- on the exam day that quote refers to. So, slow clap. Go me!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 am

Am pretty sure OP is long gone and since dissecting BL's behavior is not the point of this thread, I'm locking it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”