Stanford vs. Duke $$$ vs. UVA $$$ Interesting case Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Atmosphere

Silver

Re: Stanford vs. Duke $$$ vs. UVA $$$ Interesting case

Post by Atmosphere » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:09 pm

It's weird how lay-prestige works.

I'm from California and I never new UChi was an elite institution until getting to college, but for some reason Georgetown raises peoples eyebrows

LSATneurotic

Silver

Post by LSATneurotic » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:09 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:
90convoy wrote:I live 45 min from Uchicago. Most regular people here know it's a good school but they would never put it on the same level as HYP. Notre dame is def considered more prestigious
Well, to be fair, it's not on the same level as HYP. Still excellent, but those three rule.

But I'd say the South's ranking is similar to my Midwestern friend two posts above me. For me, honestly, until I started law school research I'd never heard of Chicago, Georgetown, Berkeley, and was only vaguely aware of Northwestern (for sports), NYU, and Penn. If had asked me to guessed the rank of the law schools my top 5 would have been 1.) Harvard 2.)Yale 3.) Columbia 4.) Duke 5.) Stanford or Cornell
Genius, you ever regret picking Yale ? Do you think it's overhyped ?

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:13 pm

LSATneurotic wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:
90convoy wrote:I live 45 min from Uchicago. Most regular people here know it's a good school but they would never put it on the same level as HYP. Notre dame is def considered more prestigious
Well, to be fair, it's not on the same level as HYP. Still excellent, but those three rule.

But I'd say the South's ranking is similar to my Midwestern friend two posts above me. For me, honestly, until I started law school research I'd never heard of Chicago, Georgetown, Berkeley, and was only vaguely aware of Northwestern (for sports), NYU, and Penn. If had asked me to guessed the rank of the law schools my top 5 would have been 1.) Harvard 2.)Yale 3.) Columbia 4.) Duke 5.) Stanford or Cornell
Genius, you ever regret picking Yale ? Do you think it's overhyped ?
He's probably cool with it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”