UM or UF???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UM vs. UF

University of Miami
50%
University of Florida
50%

Total votes: 22

nosocat

Re: UM or UF???

Postby nosocat » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:50 pm

OP, I would be interested in what you decide. I'm not voting because I'm trying to work through a similar decision myself (UF, FSU and Stetson are all possibilities at this point). I know UF has a really strong network in state, but I'm kind of averse to Gainesville. Please update us once you make a decision.

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:49 pm

nosocat wrote:OP, I would be interested in what you decide. I'm not voting because I'm trying to work through a similar decision myself (UF, FSU and Stetson are all possibilities at this point). I know UF has a really strong network in state, but I'm kind of averse to Gainesville. Please update us once you make a decision.

Being averse to a city is not a rational basis on which to make a decision about law school.

envisciguy

Postby envisciguy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:38 pm

I googled Gainesville apartments and one of the first links is for a 2 bed 2 bath apartment for under $900/month.
http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartment ... ek/191238/

On top of that, you could rent another separate apartment just for your dog and you'd still spend less than $79k over 3 years.

nosocat

Postby nosocat » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Cicero76 wrote:Being averse to a city is not a rational basis on which to make a decision about law school.

Ok. To be clear, I am interested in the outcome out of curiosity. Not asking for advice, but thanks for your opinion.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”