TLS, it's time to have a talk.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3023
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Big Red » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:41 pm

brianiac wrote:
Big Red wrote:If this is for real, you should really consider trying to get on the hill for year. You're not going to take this seriously so I'm not going to go into why that would be smart for you politically and personally, but try to remember me 3 years from now when you realize that's what you should have done :D


Sorry, but I'm not going to take a year off. It's just not possible. But I'm glad you are a future teller and know exactly what's going to happen three years from now.


?

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby ek5dn » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:42 pm

lurkerlarry wrote:‘Special snowflake’ syndrome, is a disease in which the subject believes that because they occupy a subculture mildly different to the mainstream, they are inherently better, and above them. The subject will never state that they are better, but it is implied, as is the belief that they are rare in their qualities, despite, in reality, being an only slightly less common cliche.


hahahaha this.
and brianiac..paying sticker for Michigan isn't a very wise financial decision (I don't remember who you called out for doing this), but paying sticker for George Washington is wayyy more egregious..

User avatar
052220152
Tradition Never Changes. Neither do Champions.
Posts: 4798
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby 052220152 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Jim Jones wrote:which state are you in, i need to know if i want to join your staff

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Hand » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:43 pm

but brian, you are so incredibly fascinating, why on earth would we not want to talk about you? please tell us which state or at least region you are talking about; I'd also like to hear more about your political agenda (beyond the mere fact that you are a republican)

User avatar
Indy16
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Indy16 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:44 pm

hopeboaltberkeley wrote:Honestly why don't you just intern or work in DC for a year to start building a network there, retake the LSAT and go to GTown. Work on a campaign, in an official's office, or at a think tank.

I feel like a 3 point improvement could make the difference and you have plenty of time to make that improvement. Your resume/personal statement could be improved by the experience and you would have time to get a better letter of rec. The 1 year school break will be refreshing too.

Even by your really specific non-t14 criteria GT's network would be better than GW's. Don't risk transferring into Gt. there's a chance you won't make the cut. You'll lose your chance at scholarships and (I think?) law review. The latter of which I imagine would be a great networking opportunity.


This is good advice.

Also if you plan on just returning to your home state and building connections I don't understand why the "name brand" of a DC school has any real value to you. From what I've seen, it seems like many/most politicos go the state school route especially in state politics, which is where you'd be looking.

If you don't want to take the sincere advice in this thread (ignore the sarcasm and whatnot), then best of luck.

User avatar
UnicornHunter
Posts: 13507
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby UnicornHunter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:45 pm

brianiac wrote:
TheUnicornHunter wrote:But that's TLS common wisdom anyway, with the huge caveat that you shouldn't pay sticker for a chance at a job that pays 60k a year. I've never seen a TLS poster get told to go to some random T14 instead of a strong regional with $$ if they say they want to work as a PD/ADA.

I hear people have this T14 mentality even for public service, ALL THE TIME. You've just become used to it because you spend so much time here and have literally thousands of posts so you can't see it anymore.


Please show some links. If it happens all the time, they should be easy to find.

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby BrazilBandit » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:47 pm

brianiac wrote:
BrazilBandit wrote:Now we know why you didn't do too hot on your LSAT > There might be no correlation between Law School and Congress... In fact, 55% of Congressmen are NOT lawyers...

http://www.nationallawjournal.com/id=12 ... 0220181951

First of all I did very well on my LSAT so I don't know what you're talking about. Second of all, you just proved that 45% of Congressmen ARE lawyers. Apparently you don't know what irony means.

twenty wrote:Ironically, when you cut through all the bullshit, OP's not actually that wrong.

The "T14 or bust" mentality is carelessly perpetuated, even though many of us have no interest in biglaw.


People who are looking to work in a public defender's or prosecutor's office should attend the school most regional to them.


But any semi-reasonably inferences are quickly drowned out by these gems:

For example, I am going into politics and will attend a school with excellent placement in that realm. Those who want to work in the private sector but don't want to sell their soul and do 110+ hour (on average) weeks in the office can find non-biglaw jobs in any of the Tier 1, and in most of the Tier 2.


So I don't even know.

Okay so what is the problem then. Which part do you find so objectionable.

TheUnicornHunter wrote:Tuition at HLS was about 12,000/year when Obama went. Different ballgame.

And yea, I bet local business owners are going to be tripping over themselves to pay for your legal services when you set up a solo shop after three years at GW.

I'm not worried about the money. I know the costs thank you. And GW has a fine reputation, even in my home state. So that is also not an issue. Let's spend less time talking about me and more time talking about the topic: how TLS posters need to move beyond T14 or bust.

TheUnicornHunter wrote:But that's TLS common wisdom anyway, with the huge caveat that you shouldn't pay sticker for a chance at a job that pays 60k a year. I've never seen a TLS poster get told to go to some random T14 instead of a strong regional with $$ if they say they want to work as a PD/ADA.

I hear people have this T14 mentality even for public service, ALL THE TIME. You've just become used to it because you spend so much time here and have literally thousands of posts so you can't see it anymore.


55% > 45%

Also, have you read the rest of the article? your "DC Powerhouse" is never even mentioned...

brianiac
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby brianiac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:48 pm

fratstar1 wrote:I don't understand the point of this thread - you know how people feel about this. Politics is a really unlikely outcome and setting up shop in your home state will force you to take cases (like dui cases) that you might otherwise feel are below you because thats the only way to make ends meet when you start up.

What your doing doesn't make that much sense so people aren't going to have much sympathy and your not providing a very good justification about why your right and all these highly educated (and experienced) people are wrong.

I understand you feel differently but please leave us alone. Everyone told you how they feel take it - or don't, but don't get on here throwing around generalizations about how people on these forums dole out advice for the sake of people like you who need it.

None of this helps. It doesn't make people feel good because your trashing the collective wisdom of law students and practicing attorneys who take time out of their busy schedules to provide free advice, and it doesn't make you feel good because nobodies going to change their mind without you providing substantive reasons explaining how your path makes any sense.

I'm sorry if my thread makes you uncomfortable, but sometimes the truth hurts. The bottom line is this. This thread is not about me. It is not about my life choices so can we please move on from that. This thread is about how we can focus on better things than a US News ranking. Why not think more about a school's placement ability. Why not think about their reputation and name brand. Why not think about the size of their alumni network. Why not think about their reputation within certain circles, such as within political circles. My point is, there is a much more in depth, and much more interesting, discussion to be had about law schools than T14 or bust.

jchiles wrote:Sure champ but I was referring more to the orderly progression from part-time local lawyer to U.S. senator. Robert Caro's biography on LBJ might be worth checking if you're interested in how local and national campaigning works.

And the people I know who are getting anywhere in politics devote everything to it; there are so many volunteers and and parttimers that do the grunt work but its the people who commit to a campaign full time and actively & regularly participate in their party organization at the local and state levels that seem to get somewhere.

I'm very active in such organizations actually, in addition to volunteering. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Also, I'm not really interested in reading about LBJ, sorry.

hopeboaltberkeley wrote:Honestly why don't you just intern or work in DC for a year to start building a network there, retake the LSAT and go to GTown. Work on a campaign, in an official's office, or at a think tank.

I feel like a 3 point improvement could make the difference and you have plenty of time to make that improvement. Your resume/personal statement could be improved by the experience and you would have time to get a better letter of rec. The 1 year school break will be refreshing too.

Even by your really specific non-t14 criteria GT's network would be better than GW's. Don't risk transferring into Gt. there's a chance you won't make the cut. You'll lose your chance at scholarships and (I think?) law review. The latter of which I imagine would be a great networking opportunity.

I really can't take a year off. It's just not in the cards for me. And I'm not interested in retaking, there is too much for me to do. I have my senior thesis and my pre law school prep, plus planning for a summer vacation. But thank you for your advice anyways. As for transferring, I know it is not a sure thing and I go into this with open eyes, but I am also confident in my abilities. Irregardless of a possible transfer, G/G are largely peers and I would feel honored to graduate from either institution.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Teoeo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:48 pm

flawschoolkid wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:
Jim Jones wrote:
brianiac wrote:That's why I'm going to school in D.C. even though I could have attended several T14s.


Which T14s could you have gotten into


This, you were rejected from GULC, so what makes you think you'd have more luck anywhere else?


You'll get along with all the other vapant idiots at George WashingTTTon



Unnecessary and rude. What is your problem?

User avatar
ek5dn
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby ek5dn » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:50 pm

Indy16 wrote:
hopeboaltberkeley wrote:Honestly why don't you just intern or work in DC for a year to start building a network there, retake the LSAT and go to GTown. Work on a campaign, in an official's office, or at a think tank.

I feel like a 3 point improvement could make the difference and you have plenty of time to make that improvement. Your resume/personal statement could be improved by the experience and you would have time to get a better letter of rec. The 1 year school break will be refreshing too.

Even by your really specific non-t14 criteria GT's network would be better than GW's. Don't risk transferring into Gt. there's a chance you won't make the cut. You'll lose your chance at scholarships and (I think?) law review. The latter of which I imagine would be a great networking opportunity.


This is good advice.

Also if you plan on just returning to your home state and building connections I don't understand why the "name brand" of a DC school has any real value to you. From what I've seen, it seems like many/most politicos go the state school route especially in state politics, which is where you'd be looking.

If you don't want to take the sincere advice in this thread (ignore the sarcasm and whatnot), then best of luck.


+1. Also, I have to second what a lot of people have been saying and say that the majority of posters here on TLS recommend either T14 or getting $$ at regional schools
What we discourage is shelling out a bunch of cash to go to a subpar law school that doesn't have high job placement after graduation, because the poor fellow will just be up to his ears in law school debt. In other words, avoid trap schools

User avatar
FSK
Posts: 6387
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby FSK » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:52 pm

@Teoco I just assumed this thread has devolved into worthlessness. I go to GW and really like it (and my classmates) for the most part.

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby BrazilBandit » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:52 pm

brianiac wrote:
fratstar1 wrote:I don't understand the point of this thread - you know how people feel about this. Politics is a really unlikely outcome and setting up shop in your home state will force you to take cases (like dui cases) that you might otherwise feel are below you because thats the only way to make ends meet when you start up.

What your doing doesn't make that much sense so people aren't going to have much sympathy and your not providing a very good justification about why your right and all these highly educated (and experienced) people are wrong.

I understand you feel differently but please leave us alone. Everyone told you how they feel take it - or don't, but don't get on here throwing around generalizations about how people on these forums dole out advice for the sake of people like you who need it.

None of this helps. It doesn't make people feel good because your trashing the collective wisdom of law students and practicing attorneys who take time out of their busy schedules to provide free advice, and it doesn't make you feel good because nobodies going to change their mind without you providing substantive reasons explaining how your path makes any sense.

I'm sorry if my thread makes you uncomfortable, but sometimes the truth hurts. The bottom line is this. This thread is not about me. It is not about my life choices so can we please move on from that. This thread is about how we can focus on better things than a US News ranking. Why not think more about a school's placement ability. Why not think about their reputation and name brand. Why not think about the size of their alumni network. Why not think about their reputation within certain circles, such as within political circles. My point is, there is a much more in depth, and much more interesting, discussion to be had about law schools than T14 or bust.

jchiles wrote:Sure champ but I was referring more to the orderly progression from part-time local lawyer to U.S. senator. Robert Caro's biography on LBJ might be worth checking if you're interested in how local and national campaigning works.

And the people I know who are getting anywhere in politics devote everything to it; there are so many volunteers and and parttimers that do the grunt work but its the people who commit to a campaign full time and actively & regularly participate in their party organization at the local and state levels that seem to get somewhere.

I'm very active in such organizations actually, in addition to volunteering. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Also, I'm not really interested in reading about LBJ, sorry.

hopeboaltberkeley wrote:Honestly why don't you just intern or work in DC for a year to start building a network there, retake the LSAT and go to GTown. Work on a campaign, in an official's office, or at a think tank.

I feel like a 3 point improvement could make the difference and you have plenty of time to make that improvement. Your resume/personal statement could be improved by the experience and you would have time to get a better letter of rec. The 1 year school break will be refreshing too.

Even by your really specific non-t14 criteria GT's network would be better than GW's. Don't risk transferring into Gt. there's a chance you won't make the cut. You'll lose your chance at scholarships and (I think?) law review. The latter of which I imagine would be a great networking opportunity.

I really can't take a year off. It's just not in the cards for me. And I'm not interested in retaking, there is too much for me to do. I have my senior thesis and my pre law school prep, plus planning for a summer vacation. But thank you for your advice anyways. As for transferring, I know it is not a sure thing and I go into this with open eyes, but I am also confident in my abilities. Irregardless of a possible transfer, G/G are largely peers and I would feel honored to graduate from either institution.


This is exactly what the T14 refers to... yes they happen to align with the rankings, but if referred to it as only that, Texas would be considered a T14. Law is one of the few professions where prestige is still very highly regarded, and the T14 are the most prestigious ones, and therefore place the best (not only in the most sought after jobs, but geographically as well)

I am so glad I didn't get the ED Full-Ride to GW...

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3149
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:53 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Teoeo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:53 pm

As someone who went to GW, I don't necessarily agree with all the anti-GW sentiment on this site. Having said that, I don't think it is a good idea to go to any law school with the goal of entering politics. GW can be a good choice for those who want to enter government service, have scholarships, are IP, etc. - your reason for going to GW is not a good one.

User avatar
052220152
Tradition Never Changes. Neither do Champions.
Posts: 4798
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby 052220152 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm

brianiac wrote: This thread is about how we can focus on better things than a US News ranking. Why not think more about a school's placement ability. Why not think about their reputation and name brand. Why not think about the size of their alumni network. Why not think about their reputation within certain circles, such as within political circles. My point is, there is a much more in depth, and much more interesting, discussion to be had about law schools than T14 or bust.


thats basically waht the usnwr rankings are.

brianiac
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby brianiac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm

fltanglab wrote:A little annoyed you happen to be headed to GW and portraying yourself in this manner. But it's a big school so meh.

How am I portraying myself? As a non-elitist? As someone who wants to help people? I'm sorry but you're just not making sense.

Also it isn't that big a school, it annoys me when people say that. And even if it were a big school (which it isn't), that means a better alumni network.

twenty wrote:
TheUnicornHunter wrote:But that's TLS common wisdom anyway, with the huge caveat that you shouldn't pay sticker for a chance at a job that pays 60k a year. I've never seen a TLS poster get told to go to some random T14 instead of a strong regional with $$ if they say they want to work as a PD/ADA.


Me neither - go TLS. But I think when people are a bit more ambivalent about their career goals (probably because they don't read the sticky), we tend to default towards Cornell with a full ride over Emory with a full ride without really even giving much thought to it. Maybe that's because most of these posters have no clue what they're going to do with their law degree, and letting the 1L tides carry them into biglaw is TCR. I dunno. I don't see "homg too much T14!" as the problem as much as "homg, too many directionless 0Ls"

This is a good point, why is Cornell for free automatically better than Emory for free? Sure, Cornell is a T14. But look at Emory's placement power, especially in the South. Look at Emory's employment scores on Law School Transparency (outside of Biglaw score). You will see that Emory can be a perfectly rational decision. But many people on here don't want to hear it.

TheUnicornHunter wrote:I agree, but I think that's a feature not a bug. Government hiring requires a lot of dedication and work. BigLaw hiring from a T14 requires decent grades and a pulse (obviously, I'm exaggerating.) If people haven't figured out what they want to do with a law degree, definitely best to steer them to places that will maximize their shot at BigLaw. If they decide down the road that they want to do something else, it's a lot less harrowing if they have a job lined up just in case.

I disagree. I don't think the default option should be soul-curdling work for 110+ hour weeks. They will take those jobs because they are lofty and prestigious. But at a non-T14, they'll be channeled into options that may not pay as well, but will offer more life satisfaction. That's part of why I think T14 or bust is so flawed. You have to think of the long term.

Hikkomorist wrote:That still leaves the question of why you asked that specific professor for a LOR.

Because she is the chair of my department.

MarkfromWI wrote:So many things I could say here! But primarily I hope OP's name is Brian otherwise the irony that he tried to call himself a brainiac and spelled it wrong is too much.

Also lol at him calling setting up a solo shop and running for office (not being in office, just running) as a "dual income stream." Both of those are more likely to cost him money than generate income.

Yes my name is Brian obviously. I'm not an idiot. And I hate to break it to you but many solo lawyers generate income. So again you've proven nothing.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Hand » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:58 pm

brian have you gotten off the waitlist yet at GWU or are we still just at the hopeful stage here?

brianiac
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby brianiac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:59 pm

ek5dn wrote:and brianiac..paying sticker for Michigan isn't a very wise financial decision (I don't remember who you called out for doing this), but paying sticker for George Washington is wayyy more egregious..

You TLSers are only concerned about the financial gain. You are not thinking about the life fulfillment gain of doing meaningful work, and the spiritual gain from following your calling.

Indy16 wrote:Also if you plan on just returning to your home state and building connections I don't understand why the "name brand" of a DC school has any real value to you. From what I've seen, it seems like many/most politicos go the state school route especially in state politics, which is where you'd be looking.

If you don't want to take the sincere advice in this thread (ignore the sarcasm and whatnot), then best of luck.

Yes but I see this as a long term play. GW may not matter in a local election. But I'm not just thinking about local elections forever... :wink:

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Hand » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Paying sticker will surely provide you with the spiritual gain you seek. By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food my friend!

brianiac
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby brianiac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:05 pm

TheUnicornHunter wrote:
brianiac wrote:
TheUnicornHunter wrote:But that's TLS common wisdom anyway, with the huge caveat that you shouldn't pay sticker for a chance at a job that pays 60k a year. I've never seen a TLS poster get told to go to some random T14 instead of a strong regional with $$ if they say they want to work as a PD/ADA.

I hear people have this T14 mentality even for public service, ALL THE TIME. You've just become used to it because you spend so much time here and have literally thousands of posts so you can't see it anymore.


Please show some links. If it happens all the time, they should be easy to find.

Just go to the "Choosing a Law School" forum. If you can't find them there then you are a lost cause.

BrazilBandit wrote:55% > 45%

Also, have you read the rest of the article? your "DC Powerhouse" is never even mentioned...

45% is still a very high percentage. I will check out the rest of the article later.

ek5dn wrote:+1. Also, I have to second what a lot of people have been saying and say that the majority of posters here on TLS recommend either T14 or getting $$ at regional schools
What we discourage is shelling out a bunch of cash to go to a subpar law school that doesn't have high job placement after graduation, because the poor fellow will just be up to his ears in law school debt. In other words, avoid trap schools

Yes but they emphasize the T14, even though the vast majority of students can't go there and can't afford it even if they got in. Obviously "traps" should be avoided, but TLS treats all regionals like traps.

BrazilBandit wrote:This is exactly what the T14 refers to... yes they happen to align with the rankings, but if referred to it as only that, Texas would be considered a T14. Law is one of the few professions where prestige is still very highly regarded, and the T14 are the most prestigious ones, and therefore place the best (not only in the most sought after jobs, but geographically as well)

I am so glad I didn't get the ED Full-Ride to GW...

This proves my point. You keep thinking prestige is important because it creates jobs. But that's only true in some areas. You assume everyone wants to work in Biglaw. But that's not the case. Also, Texas is not a T14 and will never be. They aren't even a T20 in the long-term rankings. If any school is going to crack T14, it will be either Vandy, GW, or WashU.

Teoeo wrote:As someone who went to GW, I don't necessarily agree with all the anti-GW sentiment on this site. Having said that, I don't think it is a good idea to go to any law school with the goal of entering politics. GW can be a good choice for those who want to enter government service, have scholarships, are IP, etc. - your reason for going to GW is not a good one.

Thank you for your feedback but my mind is made up. This thread is about TLS, not me.

User avatar
UnicornHunter
Posts: 13507
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby UnicornHunter » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Brian, not going to lie, you seem pretty dumb and stubborn. I understand why your teacher wrote you a shitty letter of rec. However, if you ever do start a political campaign, shoot me a PM with the website and I'll donate some money.

brianiac
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby brianiac » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 pm

hereisonehand wrote:brian have you gotten off the waitlist yet at GWU or are we still just at the hopeful stage here?

I was accepted to GW, thank you very much.

hereisonehand wrote:Paying sticker will surely provide you with the spiritual gain you seek. By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food my friend!

Please stop mocking my faith.

TheUnicornHunter wrote:Brian, not going to lie, you seem pretty dumb and stubborn. I understand why your teacher wrote you a shitty letter of rec. However, if you ever do start a political campaign, shoot me a PM with the website and I'll donate some money.

I'm not dumb and stubborn. But thank you for believing in me.

User avatar
4LTsPointingNorth
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby 4LTsPointingNorth » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Dude, if you really want to be a successful politican, you'll delete these immature posts, put your head down, and focus on growing your political network wherever you end up. Considering that at least your first name is linked to this thread at this point, and especially considering the immature, dismissive, combative comments you're making in this thread, you're doing absolutely nothing herein to further your political aspirations. From the outside looking in, it just seems like you're either egregiously and successfully trolling, or else striving desperately to justify to yourself that attending GW is the right decision for you. Either way, no one really cares except for you. As much as you protest otherwise, this thread is 100% about you. You've ensured that. Now bow out gracefully or else stfu and go run for Aaron Schock's empty seat. Better start lifting bro.
Last edited by 4LTsPointingNorth on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby Teoeo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:10 pm

brianiac wrote:
Also it isn't that big a school, it annoys me when people say that. And even if it were a big school (which it isn't), that means a better alumni network.



It is one of the biggest law schools in the country. There were over 500 students in my graduating class.

jepper
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: TLS, it's time to have a talk.

Postby jepper » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:10 pm

yeah this is probably the worst start to any political career i have ever seen




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests