LSU vs UH vs Tulane

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I attend In Your Opinion

No votes
Total votes: 2

LSU vs UH vs Tulane

Postby Chris70123 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Where to go? I've been accepted to all 3 with the information filled in below

1. The schools you are considering = See above, and I was also accepted to U of Richmond with a full ride.
2. The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. UH COA = $19,748 w/$10,000/yr scholly and non-res fee waived; LSU COA =Housing, living here it's currently about 10,000 a year w/ a full ride scholly; Tulane COA = $19,456 would have no cost of living as I'm from New Orleans
3. How you will be financing your COA = loans and a bit from an investment account that has done well in my 4 years of undergrad
4. Where are you from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any) = From Louisiana but desire to live in Texas, Houston is a slight dream, I have connections in New Orleans through family and a bit of experience. However the job prospects in Louisiana with the recent issues in the economy trouble me here.

5. Your general career goals = Maritime or environmental law, but I can dream for big law right?
6. Your LSAT/GPA numbers = 161, 3.65
7. How many times you have taken the LSAT = Twice

Attempted to negotiate with UH and they shut me down, so now I'm a bit hesitant in my decision. Going to law school free would be beautiful, but getting a job that pays more than 60k out of the gate is a bit of a goal considering my uncle (a paralegal) makes 80k.

zombie mcavoy

Re: LSU vs UH vs Tulane

Postby zombie mcavoy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:55 pm

If making lots of money is important to you, don't go to law school.

But if you're going to go anyway, then at least retake and give yourself a chance at biglaw.

I'm not going to go through the schools listed because your goals are biglaw and making more than 60K, and those things involve retaking. You're like seven or eight questions on a 100 question multiple choice test away from getting what you're interested in; just do it. Good luck.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”