Is Pitt Law Significantly Better than Duquesne???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
chuckbass

Re: Is Pitt Law Significantly Better than Duquesne???

Postby chuckbass » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Philly and Pittsburgh aren't very similar fwiw

SFrost

Postby SFrost » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:55 am

With regard to your comment about having to make a deposit on your seat before getting financial aid award:

The official position of the Law School Admission Council is:

Except under binding early decision plans or for academic terms beginning in the spring or summer, no law school should require an enrollment commitment of any kind to an offer of admission or scholarship prior to April 1. Admitted applicants who have submitted a timely financial aid application should not be required to commit to enroll by having to make a nonrefundable financial commitment until notified of financial aid awards that are within the control of the law school.

My interpretation is that the April 1st only applies to students who have received their financial notification. It shouldn't apply to you if they haven't given you one by then.

That said, these are both objectively risky schools. In the other thread you said you were PR with a 3.0/153. A 170 LSAT with a high-value URM would get you a full ride at a tier 1 school. Your employment prospects would be much better.

An even higher LSAT with PR status would put you in T14 territory, even with the 3.0 GPA.

downbeat14

Postby downbeat14 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 am

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:16 am

I went to Pitt for undergrad and had a lot of fun, but I would never attend law school there.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”