what's up with Michigan

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cslouisck

Re: what's up with Michigan

Postby cslouisck » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:45 pm

jbagelboy wrote:I didn't think this thread could become more awful but then brianiac showed up and it did.

Hadn't been on TLS in months, then came back to see the word on the street re: Michigan's fall from the T10. This thread, though... I don't even... If there's sort of award for being the most TLS thing TLS has ever produced, this ought to win it.

RustyRyan

Postby RustyRyan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Just to recap:

Don't go at sticker (if that needed to be said), but Michigan is still plenty competitive with a serious financial aid package. Decline is always bad, and is reflective of Michigan under performing its historic peer schools in the T14 in employment (and the ever-nebulous prestige). If it doesn't get its employment together, I could see it slipping a little more to reach parity with NU/Cornell. So....dropping to #11 changed basically nothing about the actual strengths of Michigan or why one would choose to attend. News at 11.

Reading between the insanity ITT: slips are bad, breaking a tier is bad, TLS goes nutso, UT rides to victory in the coming rankings apocalypse.

Did I miss anything?

Lord this thread is a trainwreck.

skers

Postby skers » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:28 pm

skers wrote:
skers wrote:lol. we don't care about the drop in the usnews rankings. We're talking about longterm placement differences.

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Is brianiac an alt?

elterrible78

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:50 am

brianiac wrote:I know a lot about this, Detroit has fallen because of the auto workers unions which made American manufacturers less competitive against foreign manufacturers. The recent recalls have not helped. It's a variation on the resource curse, Detroit is too heavily based on auto manufacturing. I'm sorry, but that's the reality.

Oh, is THAT what happened to Detroit?

Brianiac is probably the most effective troll I have seen on this site.

elterrible78

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:52 am

Cobretti wrote:
BiglawAssociate wrote:I will say this much - a lot of the current law students posting in this thread seem insufferable. Here's hoping you guys don't get biglaw jobs...we don't need more d-bags at firms.

And then some highlights from the last 2 pages...

BiglawAssociate wrote:This is what I don't get about poors - going to school doesn't get you sh*t in life for the most part, especially not a politics career.

BiglawAssociate wrote:Money allows me to do whatever the f*ck I want, when I want, including not having a standard office job. I'm talking about f*ck you money though (not biglaw money). So at least 10-20mm in the bank earning interest.

This is so over the top douchey I kind of want to call troll. Is this a BiglawAssociateV20 alt? Meanwhile everyone ITT is tripping over each other to apologize to this bro on behalf of law students lol. Just WTF

Seriously, though. WTF.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:10 am

elterrible78 wrote:
brianiac wrote:I know a lot about this, Detroit has fallen because of the auto workers unions which made American manufacturers less competitive against foreign manufacturers. The recent recalls have not helped. It's a variation on the resource curse, Detroit is too heavily based on auto manufacturing. I'm sorry, but that's the reality.

Oh, is THAT what happened to Detroit?

Brianiac is probably the most effective troll I have seen on this site.

He's just your average PUBLIC INTELLECTUAL bro.

RareExports

Postby RareExports » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:21 am

What's up with Michigan?

You have to remember that there were a lot of injury problems this season. Losing Derrick Walton and Caris Levert left Michigan without half of its early-season production and with few true leaders. Then you mix in Spike Albrecht's foot troubles, DJ Wilson's season-ending injury, and the on-again-off-again injuries from Ricky Doyle...add in a few July-signee freshmen and it was a mess.

metroidbum

Postby metroidbum » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:33 am

Last edited by metroidbum on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:37 am

metroidbum wrote:
6778628 wrote:What's up with Michigan?

You have to remember that there were a lot of injury problems this season. Losing Derrick Walton and Caris Levert left Michigan without half of its early-season production and with few true leaders. Then you mix in Spike Albrecht's foot troubles, DJ Wilson's season-ending injury, and the on-again-off-again injuries from Ricky Doyle...add in a few July-signee freshmen and it was a mess.

Don't forget GRIII, Stauskas, McGary, and Horford all leaving prematurely for various reasons

wtf why did horford transfer

metroidbum

Postby metroidbum » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:43 am

Last edited by metroidbum on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:44 am

Oh yeah I forgot about the mcgary thing

RareExports

Postby RareExports » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 am

Dressed out and played 2 student managers in the last regular season game, too.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”