what's up with Michigan

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BiglawAssociate

Re: what's up with Michigan

Postby BiglawAssociate » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 am

Jim Jones wrote:Damn, finding a super rich wife would make life so much easier

My friend found a rich trust fund doctor on OKC (she might be crazy since she was still single, but that's another story). But they are out there.

There's just no way I could have ever earned f*ck you money on my own as a lawyer. Lawyers don't make crap compared to business owners and bankers/finance.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:28 am

I didn't think this thread could become more awful but then brianiac showed up and it did.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:32 am

BiglawAssociate wrote:I will say this much - a lot of the current law students posting in this thread seem insufferable. Here's hoping you guys don't get biglaw jobs...we don't need more d-bags at firms.

Self-aware and mature, what a great combo

:roll:

brianiac

Postby brianiac » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:35 am

jbagelboy wrote:I didn't think this thread could become more awful but then brianiac showed up and it did.

Okay, completely uncalled for, I didn't say anything to deserve that. You look like an utter fool now.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:39 am

brianiac wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:I didn't think this thread could become more awful but then brianiac showed up and it did.

Okay, completely uncalled for, I didn't say anything to deserve that. You look like an utter fool now.

In your defense, you aren't entirely responsible for it.

dabigchina

Postby dabigchina » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:49 am

BiglawAssociate wrote:I will say this much - a lot of the current law students posting in this thread seem insufferable. Here's hoping you guys don't get biglaw jobs...we don't need more d-bags at firms.

being insufferable is pretty much a prerequisite for being a white collar professional nowadays. welcome to 21st century america.

Postby 03152016 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:50 am

good god this thread is a trainwreck

even by tls standards

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:35 am

But seriously though, this thread succeeded in ways I never thought possible when I sarcastically/presciently pointed out that it would be a trainwreck by page 6

MistakenGenius

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:36 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

bearsfan23

Postby bearsfan23 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:32 am

BiglawAssociate wrote:

My friend found a rich trust fund doctor on OKC (she might be crazy since she was still single, but that's another story). But they are out there.

There's just no way I could have ever earned f*ck you money on my own as a lawyer. Lawyers don't make crap compared to business owners and bankers/finance.

Sweet, another BIGLAW ASSOCIATE who only posts on TLS to bash the entire legal profession. Yep, every business owner/banker/finance person kills it and every lawyer is dirt poor.

Sigh :roll:

Helioze

Postby Helioze » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:34 am

Exactly how much lay prestige do I need to be able to have consistent 3-somes?

I mean are we talking Stanford-East-Coast levels, or more like Harvard NE levels?

My guess is like Duke South-East levels, but I'm not sure.

Lets stay focused on whats really important here.

NYSprague

Postby NYSprague » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:40 am

This is in the on topics, right?

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:49 am

bearsfan23 wrote:
BiglawAssociate wrote:

Sweet, another BIGLAW ASSOCIATE who only posts on TLS to bash the entire legal profession. Yep, every business owner/banker/finance person kills it and every lawyer is dirt poor.

Well if you compare the most successful to most successful, only one has fuck you money. If you compare mid to mid, one still has fuck you money. If you compare low to low, one's debt is dischargeable in bankruptcy. Law sucks dude. Just embrace the shit stained profession already.

dabigchina

Postby dabigchina » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:40 am

JohannDeMann wrote:
bearsfan23 wrote:
BiglawAssociate wrote:

Well if you compare the most successful to most successful, only one has fuck you money. If you compare mid to mid, one still has fuck you money. If you compare low to low, one's debt is dischargeable in bankruptcy. Law sucks dude. Just embrace the shit stained profession already.

just dropping by to remind you: it could be worse. you could be accountants.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:38 am

brianiac wrote:Politics is my passion and calling. I know I can make a difference. It is not about the money.

QFP

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:58 am

Last edited by Hikikomorist on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:02 am

Last edited by Hikikomorist on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

welcometoscotland

Postby welcometoscotland » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 am

I like Michigan

sneezus

Postby sneezus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:12 am

just want to say thanks for the relevant input. there's actually a lot of good shit to think about ITT with regards to Michigan.

shoutout to brianiac for providing laughs, and to those of you who dove fearlessly into the nitty-gritty on undergrad prestige. helpful, important, objective, and fascinating.

if you'd like to thank me for starting this thread, please feel free to PM me.

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 am

And then some highlights from the last 2 pages...

BiglawAssociate wrote:This is what I don't get about poors - going to school doesn't get you sh*t in life for the most part, especially not a politics career.

BiglawAssociate wrote:Money allows me to do whatever the f*ck I want, when I want, including not having a standard office job. I'm talking about f*ck you money though (not biglaw money). So at least 10-20mm in the bank earning interest.

This is so over the top douchey I kind of want to call troll. Is this a BiglawAssociateV20 alt? Meanwhile everyone ITT is tripping over each other to apologize to this bro on behalf of law students lol. Just WTF

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:53 am

BigZuck wrote:But seriously though, this thread succeeded in ways I never thought possible when I sarcastically/presciently pointed out that it would be a trainwreck by page 6

you have your finger on the pulse of TLS sir

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:30 pm

brianiac wrote:

You just got BURNED, BAGEL. #BrianiacNotBrainiac #NotBrainiac4POTUS2034

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Cobretti wrote:

And then some highlights from the last 2 pages...

BiglawAssociate wrote:This is what I don't get about poors - going to school doesn't get you sh*t in life for the most part, especially not a politics career.

BiglawAssociate wrote:Money allows me to do whatever the f*ck I want, when I want, including not having a standard office job. I'm talking about f*ck you money though (not biglaw money). So at least 10-20mm in the bank earning interest.

This is so over the top douchey I kind of want to call troll. Is this a BiglawAssociateV20 alt? Meanwhile everyone ITT is tripping over each other to apologize to this bro on behalf of law students lol. Just WTF

It's not a BiglawAssociateV20 alt (for one thing, if he wanted to alt, do you think he'd pick BiglawAssociate as a username?).

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:58 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:It's not a BiglawAssociateV20 alt (for one thing, if he wanted to alt, do you think he'd pick BiglawAssociate as a username?).

Thought he might have restarted his user like DF, but anyway this is terrible news to hear this is in fact a new uber douche.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:05 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:
brianiac wrote:

You just got BURNED, BAGEL. #BrianiacNotBrainiac #NotBrainiac4POTUS2034

AN UTTER FOOL, bagel. Thanks be to brianiac for saying what we were all thinking.

#brainiac4king #whenyouputSHREKTonabagelyoucanhaveSHREKTanytime

Return to “Choosing a Law School”