University of Florida or University of Miami - Tax Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
astar

University of Florida or University of Miami - Tax Law

Postby astar » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:35 pm

p
Last edited by astar on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

hartfordhockaloogies

Re: University of Florida or University of Miami - Tax Law

Postby hartfordhockaloogies » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:45 pm

UF's is higher ranked, UM has a strong alumni network. If looking in SoFla, I think UM might carry the day, but if looking all over FL, then UF might be marginally better. I would honestly attend whichever is cheaper for you because they are about equal.

ilikebaseball

Re: University of Florida or University of Miami - Tax Law

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:33 pm

You need to post a lot of information. Stats, how many LSAT takes you have, how much money they're offering, how you're gonna pay for it, have you negotiated, etc.

Florida is a slightly better option than UM would be the short answer. But, realistically, its incredibly hard to get a job in Florida. My friend went to a lower T14 and graduated upper 1/3rd and had trouble landing a job in Miami. Be true to the situation before you make a decision like this, and dont rely solely on the rankings, because once they get past a certain #, they don't matter that much. Florida is in the 40's or 50's IIRC and Miami was in the lower 60's. In reality, that doesn't matter that much. Check out LST for employment rates, and consider your options.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”