New LawSchoolTransparency.com

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jenesaislaw

New LawSchoolTransparency.com

Postby jenesaislaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:21 am

We just launched a new version of LST that should be a lot easier to navigate. It also shares much more about what we hope to accomplish as an organization. Check it out http://www.lawschooltransparency.com

I'm sure there are several bugs that I haven't seen. If you see any, please let me know. We're also game for any other comments or criticism.

We'll be re-launching a new version of our Score Reports site sometime this year. To that end, if you have any suggestions for the LST Score Reports, please feel free to suggest away.

twenty

Re: New LawSchoolTransparency.com

Postby twenty » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:36 am

The CSS is pretty buggy on Firefox. Hovering over a button makes half of it yellowish orange, which I don't get the feeling that was your intention.

jenesaislaw

Postby jenesaislaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:53 am

twenty wrote:The CSS is pretty buggy on Firefox. Hovering over a button makes half of it yellowish orange, which I don't get the feeling that was your intention.

Which version of FF are you using? And which buttons in particular? I actually use Firefox as my primary development browser, so if any browser should be good to go, it's FF.

LetsGoMets

Postby LetsGoMets » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:51 am

Not Twenty but also having issues. I'm on Chrome 41.0.2272.89 on Windows 7, and it looks like it might be defaulting to a mobile template? Very narrow horizontally.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:56 am

+1 defaulting to mobile - some of the on-hover effects are a little buggy but that might be because I'm seeing a mobile site on a desktop. (Firefox 36.0.1 on a Mac)

ETA - this is fixed now! looks great.
Last edited by Gray on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

donewithannarbor

Postby donewithannarbor » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:19 am

Brilliant. Improving on the best darn site around. I know the 2014 numbers are still pending, but when do you think the next big data update will occur on LST?

jenesaislaw

Postby jenesaislaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:05 am

LetsGoMets wrote:Not Twenty but also having issues. I'm on Chrome 41.0.2272.89 on Windows 7, and it looks like it might be defaulting to a mobile template? Very narrow horizontally.

We're actually using Bootstrap 3, which is a mobile-first platform, but it shouldn't be an issue at all because it should expand perfectly on the desktop.

Can you email me a screencap? kyle@lawschooltransparency.com
Last edited by jenesaislaw on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

jenesaislaw

Postby jenesaislaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:06 am

Gray wrote:+1 defaulting to mobile - some of the on-hover effects are a little buggy but that might be because I'm seeing a mobile site on a desktop. (Firefox 36.0.1 on a Mac)

I think I know the issue. I didn't fix it, because I was asleep!, so I think this is a cache failure. I will force all new visitors to load new CSS. I should have realized this last night. This is what I get for launching so late.

jenesaislaw

Postby jenesaislaw » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:06 am

donewithannarbor wrote:Brilliant. Improving on the best darn site around. I know the 2014 numbers are still pending, but when do you think the next big data update will occur on LST?

End of April, early May. I hope. Out of my hands right now, and in the ABA's.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:24 am

jenesaislaw wrote:
Gray wrote:+1 defaulting to mobile - some of the on-hover effects are a little buggy but that might be because I'm seeing a mobile site on a desktop. (Firefox 36.0.1 on a Mac)

I think I know the issue. I didn't fix it, because I was asleep!, so I think this is a cache failure. I will force all new visitors to load new CSS. I should have realized this last night. This is what I get for launching so late.

Yeah once I force refreshed it was fine - should have tried that initially (I QA test newly developed sites for work sometimes)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”