Clinics: Fordham/BU/W&M/GW

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
aclang24

Clinics: Fordham/BU/W&M/GW

Postby aclang24 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:26 pm

I am currently considering admissions offers from Fordham, William & Mary, BU, and GW. Due to my interest in public interest/service law (e.g., public defender, civil rights, appellate, government agency, etc.), I am particularly curious about the clinical offerings at these schools. AT first glance, with a few exceptions, all these schools seem to basically have similar offerings--civil litigation, criminal litigation, employment law, immigration law, social justice work--so I am looking to get impressions from those who have attended these schools and taken their clinics.

If you have any advice or insight concerning your clinical experience at Fordham, W&M, BU, or GW, particularly concerning what makes each of these school's clinical offerings stand out, I would love to hear it. For example, to what extent do these schools allow for 1Ls to get involved in clinical work? If you have any information that would paint a clearer picture of the clinical offerings, for better or for worse, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks for the help.

~Andy

Hutz_and_Goodman

Re: Clinics: Fordham/BU/W&M/GW

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:58 pm

An important question with clinics is how many spots there are relative to the class size. At some schools there are great clinics but it is extremely hard to get in because there are only a few spots.

Nammertat

Postby Nammertat » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:37 pm

In addition to clinics, given your interest areas, you should look into "Law Students in Court" programs.

moocow54

Postby moocow54 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Currently doing a clinic at BU. We have great clinics, I'm getting unreal experience, and you can pretty much get a spot in any one you want starting 2L year except maybe the crim clinic, which has more demand so some people have to wait until 3L year.

If you want more specific info PM me.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”