Berkeley($$$) vs. Columbia Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Columbia vs. Boalt

Columbia (Sticker)
8%
Boalt (Debt Free)
92%

Total votes: 96

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Berkeley($$$) vs. Columbia

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:05 am

Shaggier1 wrote:Seriously who voted for Columbia? Who would let the (seriously marginal) prestige at play here compel them to make such a wildly irresponsible financial decision. Do you know how quickly the juice runs on $275,000?

For the love of God, go to Berkeley. Even if you decide halfway through 1L that you want to work in New York, it is the right call. I had offers are three V10 firms in New York after placing in top 25% at Berkeley my 1L year. I had never lived or worked in New york prior to OCI.
You always have to remember that a lot of lurkers vote straight down US news on all of these polls. That's how you get ppl voting sticker cause its number #2 or #4 or whatever over #7 or #9. You have to discount the lurker vote as a margin of error.

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:04 am

Sorry to necro this thread, but I've decided on Berkeley over Columbia. I'm now riding the Harvard waitlist and pending at Stanford, am I still an idiot for actully considering H/S at sticker over Boalt? Be blunt, thanks!

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:07 am

Atmosphere wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but I've decided on Berkeley over Columbia. I'm now riding the Harvard waitlist and pending at Stanford, am I still an idiot for actully considering H/S at sticker over Boalt? Be blunt, thanks!
Yes.

transferror

Silver

Post by transferror » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Atmosphere wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, but I've decided on Berkeley over Columbia. I'm now riding the Harvard waitlist and pending at Stanford, am I still an idiot for actully considering H/S at sticker over Boalt? Be blunt, thanks!
Stop overthinking this. You want to stay in California. Boalt debt-free >>>>> sticker anywhere.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”