Unranked no debt + job vs t14 debt Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
missybug

New

Unranked no debt + job vs t14 debt

Post by missybug » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:21 am

Do I go to a t14 and take on debt or Unranked pRt time program full ride while maintaining a job that guarantees employment as an attorney upon graduation? Will I be screwed if I ever leave that job and look for a new one because I attended a less prestigious school or will they consider my work history?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Unranked no debt + job vs t14 debt

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:31 am

In terms of leaving the job you take out of law school and whether your school will hinder you: it depends on what kind of law you're doing. Some employers - mostly big law firms - will care very much about you school pretty much forever. However, many employers will only care about your experience in what they want to hire you to do.

hairbear7

Silver

Post by hairbear7 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 am

Are these your only options? Try filling this out so we can help you better. It seems
Like if you could get into a t-14 you might be able to get into a strong regional with money.

In order to receive the best feedback in this forum, please provide as much of the following information in your original post as possible:

-The schools you are considering
-The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. COA = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships. Here is a helpful calculator.
-How you will be financing your COA, i.e. loans, family, or savings
-Where you are from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any)
-Your general career goals
-Your LSAT/GPA numbers
-How many times you have taken the LSAT

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:32 pm

Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:37 pm

i mean if you have a cool job and the legal job it would funnel you into is kind of hybrid legal/business inside of a corporation, id basically make sure to keep that. sseems like a pretty cool job without much hours good pay and decent ladder climbing ability.

if you hate what you do and are just keeping the job to make sure you dont lose your job and dont graduate with employment, id t14.

if you like what you do, id prolly just do nothing because law is overrated. but sounds like you have a neat opportunity with some kind of unicorny in house pseudo law still do something else job. these are great jobs, imo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Image
I would take hamburger university over law school any day. Upon graduation, a mcdonald's fully equipped with crew is awarded (as long as you cough up the huge investment). I wonder if subway has some fruity school like this for its franchisees.
Last edited by starry eyed on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desert Fox

Diamond

Post by Desert Fox » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:23 pm

starry eyed wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Image
I would take hamburger university over law school any day. Upon graduation, a mcdonald's fully equipped with crew is awarded.
Yea, that's a huge business too.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Do you like the job you have and see yourself staying there for the foreseeable future? Do you have to get the JD to keep it? If yes to both, go unranked. If either one of these is not true, do neither of the options you presented.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”