Boalt at sticker with LRAP?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
twenty

Re: Boalt at sticker with LRAP?

Postby twenty » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Depends on a lot of things, though the answer is probably no. You should probably make a separate thread with a poll.

arose928

Postby arose928 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:27 pm

hayoungiee wrote:Going on a bit of a tangent but -- is Boalt @ sticker worth it at all? I saw a thread going back to ~2010, but I was wondering if anyone had any more up-to-date opinions on this? I'm asking because I was admitted, but I'm debating whether I should go to Berk or a more regional school with more $$$.

Let me know what you decide :) I'm looking at Boalt @ sticker, or Davis/Hastings at $15k/year (got a $35k/year scholarship to both). 90% sure I'm going with Boalt though.

ETA: Also planning to pursue the PI/LRAP track after graduation, so that's what I'm banking on with sticker debt..

hayoungiee

Postby hayoungiee » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:31 pm

arose928 wrote:
hayoungiee wrote:Going on a bit of a tangent but -- is Boalt @ sticker worth it at all? I saw a thread going back to ~2010, but I was wondering if anyone had any more up-to-date opinions on this? I'm asking because I was admitted, but I'm debating whether I should go to Berk or a more regional school with more $$$.

Let me know what you decide :) I'm looking at Boalt @ sticker, or Davis/Hastings at $15k/year (got a $35k/year scholarship to both). 90% sure I'm going with Boalt though.

ETA: Also planning to pursue the PI/LRAP track after graduation, so that's what I'm banking on with sticker debt..

Definitely will! Why Hastings, though? I've been told to stay far, far away from that school. I received a scholarship as well, but I heard the abysmal employment rates are -really- as bad as they say.

(Also - you can PM this info to me - how are you financing your education at Berk?)

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Right now, the conventional wisdom on TLS is that no law school (save perhaps Yale) is worth sticker.

arose928

Postby arose928 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:49 pm

hayoungiee wrote:
arose928 wrote:

Definitely will! Why Hastings, though? I've been told to stay far, far away from that school. I received a scholarship as well, but I heard the abysmal employment rates are -really- as bad as they say.

(Also - you can PM this info to me - how are you financing your education at Berk?)

I guess I'm not actually considering Hastings, it was just my safetiest of safety schools. Also I work around the corner from Hastings so going there would mean I could stay where I am, whereas Davis would mean uprooting me and my SO to... live in Davis. Obviously we probably would have moved rather than go to a worse school just so we can stay in our same apartment, but getting in to Boalt means we can both stay put and I can go to a top school.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”