Location of Schools -- UKY vs. UC

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
gotsnork2

Location of Schools -- UKY vs. UC

Postby gotsnork2 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:54 pm

As far as I've seen, basically you should go to school where you want to work/live. My question is does anyone have any insight or advice regarding how close schools are to each other regarding employment? AKA, I've been set on attending UKY, but recently received a better scholarship offer from Cincinnati. They're so close to each other that if I wanted to place in KY or close by, would it matter that I went to one over the other? I'm out of state for both (Southwest VA), but want to stay in the region.

I haven't negotiated for scholarships yet, but I will this week (I was going to call yesterday and/or today but I realized we're all buried in snow).

UKY has a much higher employment rate than UC (70% vs. 53%) but I can't help but wonder if that's because, one, there is basically no competition in KY for jobs, and, two, if it's because some of those jobs are in the middle-of-no-where Kentucky and not in Lextington/Louisville.

Thanks!

Winston1984

Re: Location of Schools -- UKY vs. UC

Postby Winston1984 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Answer all the questions in the sticky for the best feedback on this forum.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:12 pm

Cincinnati is Northern Kentucky.

gotsnork2

Postby gotsnork2 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:39 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Cincinnati is Northern Kentucky.

Yes, that's the basis of my question. If a school is on the border of a state, how much weight can/does it pull in the state it's very close to but is technically not located in?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”