Justification for sticker at UVA? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
gnomgnomuch

Silver

Re: Justification for sticker at UVA?

Post by gnomgnomuch » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Brut wrote:you don't know if you'll hit median
you don't know if you'll strike out
you don't know if you'll last long enough in biglaw to pay off your loans
you don't know if you'll "have better prospects for the rest of your life" once you leave biglaw
lot of risk here
you're applying with 169/3.49. you'll have objectively very good options outside of the t14. i would see what the regionals offer, and then compare it to your t14 aid
Why not blanket the lower t-14? I can see OP getting into the lower t-14 and leveraging scholarships (if they come up)... outside of that, good regional + ties seem to be a consensus, no?

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:22 pm

yea op has nothing to lose blanketing the t14
i have a feeling they won't get enough to make it a better option than uva sticker, but stranger things have happened

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Brut wrote:yea op has nothing to lose blanketing the t14
i have a feeling they won't get enough to make it a better option than uva sticker, but stranger things have happened
I think a 169 gets a better t-14 offer than uva at sticker in this cycle, but regardless you should throw the apps out there
HomericVoice wrote: There are elements of the job I enjoy; of course, there are elements of the job I hate. The philosophy of Common Core is invading the community college scene, so the freedom to do what I want in the classroom is being shut down. In other words, what I like about the job is being taken away from me and it's not going to get better from here.
This really isn't the place for this, but I'm curious 1) how/where you see CC affecting a college class and 2) why you're assuming CC will be adopted and around 10 years from now?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:21 am

do you want to be an attorney? or are you just collecting degrees because you're not happy with your current economic circumstance? I don't understand people who go to law school without a specific interest in practicing law (which the MA in english rather confounds without a pretty strong explanation), and I really don't understand people who borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to law school without a specific interest in practicing law.

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:52 pm

jbagelboy wrote:do you want to be an attorney? or are you just collecting degrees because you're not happy with your current economic circumstance? I don't understand people who go to law school without a specific interest in practicing law (which the MA in english rather confounds without a pretty strong explanation), and I really don't understand people who borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to law school without a specific interest in practicing law.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”