Schools W/Best Loan Repayment Programs?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ticklemesilly

Schools W/Best Loan Repayment Programs?

Postby ticklemesilly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 pm

I'd like to pursue a career in PI or Government and I was wondering what schools offered the best loan repayment programs (in the T20).

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have any experience with these, esp. Michigan's program?

Aftermath

Re: Schools W/Best Loan Repayment Programs?

Postby Aftermath » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Harvard and Yale's programs are unmatched. I'd assume others beyond that are pretty similar and incorporate PSLF, but I don't know that for sure.

twenty

Postby twenty » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Here's a summary of most of the T20 LRAP programs.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=211835

I would definitely proceed with caution taking this route, though. HYS, Cornell, and Columbia's old program are the only LRAPs not based on IBR/PAYE. IBR/PAYE is high risk, high reward: If PSLF is still around in 13.5 years, NYU's LRAP is pretty clearly the winner here (arguably, even UCLA's LRAP beats HYS'). If it's not, you're debtfucked.

ticklemesilly

Postby ticklemesilly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:22 pm

twenty wrote:Here's a summary of most of the T20 LRAP programs.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=211835

I would definitely proceed with caution taking this route, though. HYS, Cornell, and Columbia's old program are the only LRAPs not based on IBR/PAYE. IBR/PAYE is high risk, high reward: If PSLF is still around in 13.5 years, NYU's LRAP is pretty clearly the winner here (arguably, even UCLA's LRAP beats HYS'). If it's not, you're debtfucked.

Goldmine! Thanks.

ticklemesilly

Postby ticklemesilly » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Hey and I just realized that you (Twenty) were the OP for the thread you linked. It's up there on the top 10 most useful threads I've ever read on TLS. Good stuff. Thanks on behalf of all of us who found that really helpful.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”