Full tuition at UNH (rank 93)?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Should I attend UNH at Full-tuition (renewable after 1L with 3.0GPA)?

Yes, attend this fall. You'll likely be able to renew.
15%
No, do something else.
56%
No opinion / Was gonna say retake
28%

Total votes: 39

JohannDeMann

Re: Full tuition at UNH (rank 93)?

Postby JohannDeMann » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:42 am

if you want to live in penn just go to penn st or something and get a job in the penn st gov. your dream job is surely ruled out - but almost everyones dream job gets ruled out. but given your options now of working a temp job or going to law school - id go to law school. youre pretty fucked right now and law school may not undo it but it gives you a second bite at the apple so to speak. but just go what city you want to work in.

Postby 03152016 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:45 am

btw, op is clearly alting

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=233545

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:46 am

Also if applying for jobs now with a Penn degree is discouraging, imagine 3 years from now doing the same thing and having worse prospects

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:47 am

JohannDeMann wrote:if you want to live in penn just go to penn st or something and get a job in the penn st gov. your dream job is surely ruled out - but almost everyones dream job gets ruled out. but given your options now of working a temp job or going to law school - id go to law school. youre pretty fucked right now and law school may not undo it but it gives you a second bite at the apple so to speak. but just go what city you want to work in.

the dude is not pretty fucked right now. with a gpa like that at a school like penn, he has a lot of doors open to him that he'd slam shut by going to a shit law school. my impression is he's too pretentious to take an entry-level job (even though he can't crack a 160 on the lsat) and too much of a dickhole to nail the interview for anything good.

StarDust89

Postby StarDust89 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:54 am

Brut wrote:
retard wrote:Have done the research. 25000 people apply FSO every year with with less than 2% entering. The chances of being accepted without an advance degree are slim to none. Since this is a little out of left field for you, maybe I can give a more familiar comparison. You may not be required to have a 165+ LSAT to get into Yale, but you are very strongly advised to get above that score if you hope to attend. Talk about laser-like analysis. I can read too, you know, but I choose not to believe everything I read.

lol what are you talking about you retard

how does it help your case that 2% of FSO applicants enter?

do you not understand that your stat strongly corroborates my overall argument

no offense, but this is getting embarrassing
if you're really having this much trouble understanding such simple concepts, you're not going to last one day in law school

Listen, I don't know you. I'm trying to have a civil conversation. We can all resort to personal attacks behind the computer screen. That's easy enough. You do not have to participate.

My point corroborates my argument that those two percent that move on to the next step.... all of them (or at least a very strong majority) have advanced degrees. You would be naive not to believe that, *especially* after you've done your research, as I have. It may say on the sentence that you copied and pasted that it is "no specific level of education is required", which you used to support your point that I haven't done my homework, but I'm telling you that a JD (or at least an MA) is indeed required and the 2% that moves on... they have advanced degrees! In fact the majority of FSOs are lawyers. I have no interest in convincing you of this point or getting into trivial arguments with someone whom I've been given no reason to believe is qualified enough to offer an educated opinion on the subject. In fact, your responses lead me to distrust you. Take care

Ramius

Postby Ramius » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:04 am

You're the worst. You cite USNWR for your BS decision, destroy your credibility by doubling down on your idiocy, and claim your future worthless JD will help you get a unicorn job.

Enjoy your (troll) fate.

Postby 03152016 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:04 am

@stardust

you're talking past me

do you not understand my overall argument?
or are you just pretending to not understand so you don't have to face facts?
what's your angle here

also, it's painfully obvious to everyone that you haven't done any research other than what you're scrambling to scrape off of google right now, so please stop pretending you have a valid point

Postby 03152016 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:05 am

Brut wrote:how does it help your case that 2% of FSO applicants enter?

do you not understand that your stat strongly corroborates my overall argument

answer this op

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:06 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:if you want to live in penn just go to penn st or something and get a job in the penn st gov. your dream job is surely ruled out - but almost everyones dream job gets ruled out. but given your options now of working a temp job or going to law school - id go to law school. youre pretty fucked right now and law school may not undo it but it gives you a second bite at the apple so to speak. but just go what city you want to work in.

the dude is not pretty fucked right now. with a gpa like that at a school like penn, he has a lot of doors open to him that he'd slam shut by going to a shit law school. my impression is he's too pretentious to take an entry-level job (even though he can't crack a 160 on the lsat) and too much of a dickhole to nail the interview for anything good.

i mean if he hasnt gotten a job 9 months after graduating - he needs to go back to school if for nothing else than doubling down on some credentials or at the least some loan living money. OP is fucked right now. he cant geta job dude.

StarDust89

Postby StarDust89 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:07 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:

I am not too pretentious to take an entry-level job, but I cannot go into a field like accounting, which is where I've been offered to head into. Pay is not as important to me as experience. I wouldn't be considering UNH if money was my primary concern. If on paper I am as attractive as you think I am as a candidate (which I don't agree, but thanks) am I not entitled to hold out for a job that at least has something to do with my interests and undergraduate degree? Something in that ball park at the least...

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:07 am

Even if most FSOs have JDs, what experience did they have before getting those JDs, and where are those JDs from?

What people here are trying to tell you is that UNH is not a school that is going to send lots of people to the DOS. Either you have enough pertinent pre-law school experience and connections that the school you attend doesn't matter, or you go to a school with connections to DOS. I really doubt UNH is one of those schools.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:11 am

StarDust89 wrote:
Ron Don Volante wrote:

I am not too pretentious to take an entry-level job, but I cannot go into a field like accounting, which is where I've been offered to head into. Pay is not as important to me as experience. I wouldn't be considering UNH if money was my primary concern. If on paper I am as attractive as you think I am as a candidate (which I don't agree, but thanks) am I not entitled to hold out for a job that at least has something to do with my interests and undergraduate degree? Something in that ball park at the least...

What do you mean by "I've been offered to head into"
You're saying that you're unemployed because you've been turning down job offers?

StarDust89

Postby StarDust89 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:12 am

JohannDeMann wrote:
Ron Don Volante wrote:

i mean if he hasnt gotten a job 9 months after graduating - he needs to go back to school if for nothing else than doubling down on some credentials or at the least some loan living money. OP is fucked right now. he cant geta job dude.

Yeah... basically...
I think that as a candidate I am too unattractive right now given my skillset and where I would like to go in terms of a career. I would think that a free advanced degree would better position me to work for some of the jobs I have interest in, which does not include the DOS legal department.

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:15 am

StarDust89 wrote:I am not too pretentious to take an entry-level job, but I cannot go into a field like accounting, which is where I've been offered to head into. Pay is not as important to me as experience. I wouldn't be considering UNH if money was my primary concern. If on paper I am as attractive as you think I am as a candidate (which I don't agree, but thanks) am I not entitled to hold out for a job that at least has something to do with my interests and undergraduate degree? Something in that ball park at the least...

you're entitled to do that just don't say you have a fucking noose around your neck. You're still in a position the vast majority of 23-year-olds would kill for (especially because it would seem you have money and don't need to work).

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:15 am

you have nothing to lose. its not the best plaace, but your situation suks right now. i wouldnt expect anything grand out of law school, but 2nd bite at the apple is worth it. but go to school in the state yu want to work.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 am

scottidsntknow wrote:What do you mean by "I've been offered to head into"
You're saying that you're unemployed because you've been turning down job offers?

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 am

you've only sent out 50 apps in 4 months?

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:18 am

JohannDeMann wrote:i mean if he hasnt gotten a job 9 months after graduating - he needs to go back to school if for nothing else than doubling down on some credentials or at the least some loan living money. OP is fucked right now. he cant geta job dude.

didn't you read the part where he says he's ignoring recruiters calling him "every day"

The dude obviously has family money or something. Doubling down is not what would happen with the proposed path. It would destroy the (relatively immense) value of his current degree.

StarDust89

Postby StarDust89 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:19 am

scottidsntknow wrote:
StarDust89 wrote:
Ron Don Volante wrote:

What do you mean by "I've been offered to head into"

I mean recruiters will contact me every so often. But it's for stuff like account reconciliation. If these (mainly) contract positions at least offered some type of transferable skills, I would take them. But I have to weigh what the experience would mean in my resume as well, a year in a job/industry I have no intention of going into and does not leave me with a skillset I can transfer into another job with more interest to me. I don't have much use for that, expect as a means of survival and right now I can hold out a few more months because of some savings I have. I think I get better utility from spending this time actively looking for a more applicable opportunity for me.

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:22 am

And the best option you have come up with in nine months is UNH law? Doesn't seem like you're trying very hard. Or you're just aiming way too high.

StarDust89

Postby StarDust89 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:22 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:
JohannDeMann wrote:i mean if he hasnt gotten a job 9 months after graduating - he needs to go back to school if for nothing else than doubling down on some credentials or at the least some loan living money. OP is fucked right now. he cant geta job dude.

didn't you read the part where he says he's ignoring recruiters calling him "every day"

The dude obviously has family money or something. Doubling down is not what would happen with the proposed path. It would destroy the (relatively immense) value of his current degree.

No, that is not accurate. Recruiters are not calling me every day, just every now and then. I do not have family money, but I do live with my family and have some money saved from working in the past. If someone called you to do document review in accounting for a year, would you accept it? I can hold out a little bit longer before giving in. But yes, I am pressed for time.

Postby 03152016 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:24 am

op, you clearly haven't given this any serious thought

upon hearing my argument that the likelihood of you accomplishing your goals from unh are too low,
you responded by arguing that a whole 2% of applicants are accepted into the position you're seeking

so there are two major problems here:
1) your goals are too narrow and carry too much risk of failure to justify wasting three years of your life
2) you obviously haven't done any research at all, haven't given any thought to how you're going to reasonably accomplish your goals, yet you're about to commit to a law school

this is a disaster waiting to happen
and you'll only have yourself to blame if you go through with it

Postby 03152016 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:26 am

StarDust89 wrote:
Ron Don Volante wrote:

No, that is not accurate. Recruiters are not calling me every day, just every now and then. I do not have family money, but I do live with my family and have some money saved from working in the past. If someone called you to do document review in accounting for a year, would you accept it? I can hold out a little bit longer before giving in. But yes, I am pressed for time.

if you don't have any family money then you're not getting a "free" degree
so stop using that word, thanks

my guess is you land north of 70k at repayment with a full ride

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:26 am

StarDust89 wrote:
Ron Don Volante wrote:

If I had no other options and needed to support myself, yes, obviously. Normal people would take a job to make money and, at worst, have something to fill a resume with while they continue looking for a job in the field they most desire. You can always break the contract.

BaberhamLincoln

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:27 am

JohannDeMann wrote:but given your options now of working a temp job or going to law school - id go to law school. youre pretty fucked right now and law school may not undo it but it gives you a second bite at the apple so to speak. but just go what city you want to work in.

You're not trying to be funny but i LOLed at the idea that law school can undo fuckedupness. Not your point, I know. But good shit.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”