Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ralphy
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:44 am

Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby ralphy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 pm

If you are applying this is for you. For those who just want to spam and troll, please use other threads.

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby fats provolone » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 pm

which other threads should i use to spam and troll?

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:31 pm

oh dont do this. Baaaaad idea

ralphy
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:44 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby ralphy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:32 pm

fats provolone wrote:which other threads should i use to spam and troll?

fruit related threads

ralphy
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:44 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby ralphy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:33 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:oh dont do this. Baaaaad idea

why? I trust Admin to keep it civilized.

User avatar
ymmv
Posts: 13025
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby ymmv » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:36 pm

ralphy wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:oh dont do this. Baaaaad idea

why? I trust Admin to keep it civilized.


GLHF.

User avatar
runinthefront
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby runinthefront » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Are you currently employed? What is your current debtload? How was your experience at Cooley? Are most of your friends employed?

User avatar
fats provolone
Posts: 7125
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby fats provolone » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:37 pm

is tls "biglaw obsessed"?

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Luxurious Libraries > Employment.

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby Louis1127 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Do you think $265,000 is too expensive, not expensive enough, or just right?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3522
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby Hand » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:39 pm

which cooley campus would you recommend? specifically interested in library size.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Are Cooley applicants prestige whores? #2 in the nation is pretty damn high

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2368
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:48 pm

ralphy wrote:If you are applying this is for you. For those who just want to spam and troll, please use other threads.


Serious questions. Why did you decide to choose cooley? And how did your job search go after graduation?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 pm

This is an on-topic forum, so please do not troll this thread. Users who do will receive a timeout.

If OP says something you disagree with and want to reply, that's fine. But keep it on topic.

User avatar
JohannDeMann
Posts: 13831
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby JohannDeMann » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:02 pm

RaiderRed wrote:
ralphy wrote:If you are applying this is for you. For those who just want to spam and troll, please use other threads.


Serious questions. Why did you decide to choose cooley? And how did your job search go after graduation?


These are good, and in addition - What are your career goals?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11953
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby Rigo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Similar to Raider's question, but:
What were your other options and why did you choose Cooley over them?

User avatar
JohannDeMann
Posts: 13831
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby JohannDeMann » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:11 pm

judging by the response time, OP is gainfully employed

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby forza » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Have you noticed any appreciable benefits as an alum of the school now being branded "Western Michigan University-Cooley Law School"?

theman
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby theman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:13 am

Sorry folks, Admin keeps banning me before I can respond.
All good questions. Give me 5min to read them. If not banned yet I'll respond.
I'll keep making Alts all day if I need to. THE TRUTH WILL BE HEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DEMAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theman
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby theman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:14 am

forza wrote:Have you noticed any appreciable benefits as an alum of the school now being branded "Western Michigan University-Cooley Law School"?

Not really. Its pretty stupid. Makes the Profs happy for some odd reason though.
Weirdest part is its not even a real merger. Its name only. (not even joking) VERY odd stuff.

theman
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby theman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 am

Louis1127 wrote:Do you think $265,000 is too expensive, not expensive enough, or just right?


No one at Cooley pays that much. FULL ticket (with living expenses for rent, books,etc) is $100K max.
Most get scholarships. It only takes a 160 LSAT to get a full ride. Its pretty simple.

theman
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby theman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 am

romothesavior wrote:This is an on-topic forum, so please do not troll this thread. Users who do will receive a timeout.

If OP says something you disagree with and want to reply, that's fine. But keep it on topic.


what he said, you know which posters you are

theman
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby theman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:17 am

hereisonehand wrote:which cooley campus would you recommend? specifically interested in library size.

Not Ann Arbor
Florida would be a nice option

theman
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby theman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:19 am

ralphy wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:oh dont do this. Baaaaad idea

why? I trust Admin to keep it civilized.

I take that back since he keeps banning me for some odd reason
-thus the alts

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: Cooley Gradute taking questions for Cooley Applicants

Postby Louis1127 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:26 am

theman wrote:
Louis1127 wrote:Do you think $265,000 is too expensive, not expensive enough, or just right?


No one at Cooley pays that much. FULL ticket (with living expenses for rent, books,etc) is $100K max.
Most get scholarships. It only takes a 160 LSAT to get a full ride. Its pretty simple.

That's not what http://www.cooley.edu/finaid/cost.html says.

And to the next thing you said, the median LSAT is 145 so very few students get a 160 and a full ride.

So, how about my question: Do you think $265,000 is too expensive, too cheap, or just right?




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest