Best Supreme Court Clinics?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:34 am

Which school is considered having the best Supreme Court clinic and why? Are there some close runner ups? I was looking at Penn's and it seems incredibly expansive.

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:37 am

The one at UT won a case this year. UT isn't even a T14. I'd imagine any of them would do the trick.

Definitely not a reason to choose a law school.

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby BillsFan9907 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:42 am

BigZuck wrote:The one at UT won a case this year. UT isn't even a T14. I'd imagine any of them would do the trick.

Definitely not a reason to choose a law school.


Would you say it's basically not even a consideration unless the schools were close to even in employment stats etc?

User avatar
runinthefront
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby runinthefront » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 am

BillsFan9907 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:The one at UT won a case this year. UT isn't even a T14. I'd imagine any of them would do the trick.

Definitely not a reason to choose a law school.


Would you say it's basically not even a consideration unless the schools were close to even in employment stats etc?


It's not a consideration at all.

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:49 am

BillsFan9907 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:The one at UT won a case this year. UT isn't even a T14. I'd imagine any of them would do the trick.

Definitely not a reason to choose a law school.


Would you say it's basically not even a consideration unless the schools were close to even in employment stats etc?


You can use it as a tie breaker if you want amongst peer schools I guess. Honestly I think it's way down on the list of consideration though

Better Supreme Court clinic is way, way behind things like better cafe, better coffee cart, or better bathroom stalls

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22835
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:53 am

runinthefront wrote:
BillsFan9907 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:The one at UT won a case this year. UT isn't even a T14. I'd imagine any of them would do the trick.

Definitely not a reason to choose a law school.


Would you say it's basically not even a consideration unless the schools were close to even in employment stats etc?


It's not a consideration at all.

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby Ron Don Volante » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
runinthefront wrote:It's not a consideration at all.

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby Attax » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:03 pm

BigZuck wrote:
BillsFan9907 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:The one at UT won a case this year. UT isn't even a T14. I'd imagine any of them would do the trick.

Definitely not a reason to choose a law school.


Would you say it's basically not even a consideration unless the schools were close to even in employment stats etc?


You can use it as a tie breaker if you want amongst peer schools I guess. Honestly I think it's way down on the list of consideration though

Better Supreme Court clinic is way, way behind things like better cafe, better coffee cart, or better bathroom stalls


God I wish UT had better bathroom stalls.

User avatar
Elston Gunn
Posts: 3444
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby Elston Gunn » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Pretty sure Stanford has the one that accomplishes the most. But of course I don't disagree with any of the above.

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:11 pm

Attax wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
BillsFan9907 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:The one at UT won a case this year. UT isn't even a T14. I'd imagine any of them would do the trick.

Definitely not a reason to choose a law school.


Would you say it's basically not even a consideration unless the schools were close to even in employment stats etc?


You can use it as a tie breaker if you want amongst peer schools I guess. Honestly I think it's way down on the list of consideration though

Better Supreme Court clinic is way, way behind things like better cafe, better coffee cart, or better bathroom stalls


God I wish UT had better bathroom stalls.


I'm not a huge fan of the coffee either. And George's is awful (minus the breakfast tacos, which I still nom on)

If I had my priorities in order as a 0L who knows if I would have attended UT

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:57 pm

The justice center has the best stalls.

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby Ron Don Volante » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:35 am

shifty_eyed wrote:The justice center has the best stalls.

Yeah if you've gotta go #2 at UT, the choice is clear.

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby Ron Don Volante » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:38 am

BigZuck wrote:And George's is awful (minus the breakfast tacos, which I still nom on)

wut

I loathe those "breakfast tacos" (their green salsa is pretty good though)

their pizzas/stromboli are acceptable

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:07 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:
BigZuck wrote:And George's is awful (minus the breakfast tacos, which I still nom on)

wut

I loathe those "breakfast tacos" (their green salsa is pretty good though)

their pizzas/stromboli are acceptable


I'd flip this (although I do eat the pizza if I don't have/am too lazy for any other choice)

The green salsa is why I eat the tacos, basically

I don't know why Texas thinks that what are actually taquitos, burritos, etc. should all be labelled tacos. It's weird.

I would say that Mexican food in Texas is by and large subpar but I don't want to get in any arguments with Texas Mexican food apologists or hurt their feelings so I won't say that.

Speaking of which, access to not subpar Mexican food is probably a better metric for choosing a school than the relative strength of their Supreme Court clinic.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2927
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby cannibal ox » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:19 am

I'm glad this topic turned into a discussion of things that matter. Not even sarcastic.

User avatar
Ron Don Volante
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby Ron Don Volante » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:52 am

What are ur thoughts on the shitters folks

Chime in

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby chuckbass » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:41 am

WUSTL does not have enough bathrooms/bathroom stalls. And there's only one starbucks on campus and it is subpar.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15410
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby sublime » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:42 am

..

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby chuckbass » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:44 am

sublime wrote:Damn, I thought my COA clinic was prefstigious.

preftigious*

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15410
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby sublime » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:45 am

..

User avatar
AnonymousAlterEgoC
Posts: 247
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Re: Best Supreme Court Clinics?

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:06 am

Ron Don Volante wrote:What are ur thoughts on the shitters folks

Chime in


Didn't know about the Justice Center stalls

UT's bathrooms are terrible. The sole positive is seclusion: they're so terrible that you usually don't have to worry about others using them for heavy duty (pun intended).




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bugsy33, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests