UVA (Dillard) vs BYU (full-tuition)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Mack.Hambleton

Re: UVA (Dillard) vs BYU (full-tuition)

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 am

UVA just so it'll get you out of Utah lol

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:40 am

UVA is the no brainer choice when it comes to employment. You would only choose BYU because of personal reasons. Only you can decide whether you're going to go with personal reasons or employment. TLS can't help you here.

jwelsh

Postby jwelsh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:05 am

As a BYU undergrad (and being LDS), I don't think you'd lose your connection to the "Mormon Corridor" (UT, AZ, and ID) if you went to UVA. Couple that with the strong LDS community at UVA and the much better overall job prospects (for free), and UVA should be the easy choice here.

envisciguy

Postby envisciguy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:07 am

BigZuck wrote:UVA is the no brainer choice when it comes to employment. You would only choose BYU because of personal reasons. Only you can decide whether you're going to go with personal reasons or employment. TLS can't help you here.

This is 100% spot on. UVA is the easy decision by any objective measure, so that's the response you're going to hear from pretty much everyone here for all the reasons that have already been explained in this thread. There are very few options better in law school than UVA for free.

jj2014

Postby jj2014 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks for all the advice! I have been leaning towards UVA (I'm almost positive I'll go there this fall), I just wanted to get some opinions from TLS to confirm my decision, since I'm surrounded by pro-BYU people telling me otherwise, haha.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”