William and Mary Student Life ? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
fa1493

New

William and Mary Student Life ?

Post by fa1493 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:27 pm

So how is the student life at william and mary? Obviously not the main reason to select or not select a school, but if I'm gonna live there for at least 3 years its important. Can anyone speak to how life in Williamsburg (social and general living) is? Is it as boring as people say it is?

ar845

New

Re: William and Mary Student Life ?

Post by ar845 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:41 am

Went to w&m for undergrad. I loved it, but it's definitely what you make of it/ who you know and hang out with. There are only really 4 bars by campus- Paul's, green leafe, college delly, and the crust- so don't expect any wild city life type of nightlife. The outlets are nearby, Williamsburg winery has free wine tastings for students, and Busch gardens also offers a student day for wm students with discounted tickets. There is an also an area called newtown which has a couple shops, restaurants, and a movie theater which is akin to a small town center. I would definitely suggest bringing a car if you have one- as the bus line that goes around campus (with a stop at the law school) won't go everywhere you will need to go. Note there are bus lines that go through other parts of Williamsburg but I found that they don't run as frequently as the one that goes through campus.

There is also a small beach that students go to when the weather is nice (Jamestown beach).

Again, I loved my time there, but in large part I think it was because of the friends I made/ people I met and not so much for the Williamsburg area in general. Also I must say the campus is beautiful. You can PM me if you have any other questions.

BankruptMe

Silver

Re: William and Mary Student Life ?

Post by BankruptMe » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:51 am

not much out there in terms of whats around it

unless you want to go to the outlets or small shops/restaurants.

However, it does seem like a good place to get work done. idk if i would attend without VA ties though

Return to “Choosing a Law School”