UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:18 pm

you said i should read your previous posts

i asked what post in particular

you posted bob311's post

are you trying to tell us that bob311 is also your account? what are you trying to say

jepper
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby jepper » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:21 pm

So are you rich, OP? I'm sure you would get a lot more meaningful comments if you came out and said it. If not, then you are going to get tons of people pissed off you would even consider going into sticker debt for your options. Next time, you should just lie and say you're loaded and avoid all this from the start.

bob311
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:23 pm

Brut wrote:you said i should read your previous posts

i asked what post in particular

you posted bob311's post

are you trying to tell us that bob311 is also your account? what are you trying to say


He is certainly not me. I am also certainly not dense. But I appreciate your attempted effort at talking shit. Even if you suck at it.

User avatar
FairchildFLT
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby FairchildFLT » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:23 pm

OP go to Boston College. Home of the Boston Crème Pie. You'll never be hungry...and that outranks employment statistics.

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:23 pm

jepper wrote:So are you rich, OP? I'm sure you would get a lot more meaningful comments if you came out and said it. If not, then you are going to get tons of people pissed off you would even consider going into sticker debt for your options. Next time, you should just lie and say you're loaded and avoid all this from the start.


Lol this is really funny. I said I'm not considering money yet because I haven't gotten all of my offers. Goodness gracious.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:25 pm

bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:you said i should read your previous posts

i asked what post in particular

you posted bob311's post

are you trying to tell us that bob311 is also your account? what are you trying to say


He is certainly not me. I am also certainly not dense. But I appreciate your attempted effort at talking shit. Even if you suck at it.

what a creative comeback
"you suck"

i was wrong bob311
you're not dense at all

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:27 pm

fantastic wrote:
jepper wrote:So are you rich, OP? I'm sure you would get a lot more meaningful comments if you came out and said it. If not, then you are going to get tons of people pissed off you would even consider going into sticker debt for your options. Next time, you should just lie and say you're loaded and avoid all this from the start.


Lol this is really funny. I said I'm not considering money yet because I haven't gotten all of my offers. Goodness gracious.


fantastic wrote:
bob311 wrote:I agree with OP here in that too many people are only about the money in making choices as far as cost of attendance. There are many considerations along with money and for some people it may or may not be a consideration at all. Who cares if Columbia costs 300k plus if you have the money? It should not be the prerogative of anyone to discuss these things if they don't like. OP wants to know which school, so give advice accordingly. He might be the long lost Vanderbilt fortune heir. Who cares.


Thank you for your support. FOR ME, I would rather pay more for the school that will give me the best opportunities than nothing for a school that will not provide me with good opportunities. For some people, money is the most important factor. For me, it is not.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:30 pm

fantastic wrote:(WITHOUT taking money into consideration. I have my reasons).


yes, i'm sure you were just waiting for offers
that explains the secrecy

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:31 pm

fantastic wrote:
arewevoting wrote:My two cents is Georgetown or Michigan, but I'm gonna have to agree with TheSpanishMain/Raffi on this one.


I grant that you may have your reasons, but the risk you're running is that no one on this site will be able to provide you with any sort of reliable answer based on the facts of your prompt; No one would willingly want you to rely on their input (not to assume that you would), and thus, the task becomes sketchy for us.

I certainly respect that your commitment not to making the decision (solely) about money, but if you have a full ride at UT and nothing from Michigan or Georgetown, that will drastically change my answer, and I'm confident this circumstance would have the same effect on everyone else's answers. The simple fact is, all things being equal, I think Gtown could do most for your career goals, but if UT is free and Gtown is not, then simply put, UT is absolutely your best option for criminal prosecution.


I don't know if this was helpful at all, but regardless, you have some great options... so Goodluck!


Very helpful. I have not received all of the scholarship offers yet, so that's part of why I am not taking that into account at this moment. I will once I receive all of the offers. I'm just curious about which one has the best program in the opinions of TLS'ers.

I appreciate your candor and insight. :)

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:33 pm

uh, you posted that after a half dozen people from the board chastised you for hiding your stats

and after you made the posts i just quoted above

so this proves literally nothing

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Brut wrote:uh, you posted that after a half dozen people from the board chastised you for hiding your stats

and after you made the posts i just quoted above

so this proves literally nothing


Thank you for your posts! I'm looking for opinions regarding law schools though. I wish you the best!

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:42 pm

FairchildFLT wrote:OP go to Boston College. Home of the Boston Crème Pie. You'll never be hungry...and that outranks employment statistics.


Ha! Love it!

bob311
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Brut wrote:
bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:you said i should read your previous posts

i asked what post in particular

you posted bob311's post

are you trying to tell us that bob311 is also your account? what are you trying to say


He is certainly not me. I am also certainly not dense. But I appreciate your attempted effort at talking shit. Even if you suck at it.

what a creative comeback
"you suck"

i was wrong bob311
you're not dense at all


I didn't say you suck. I said you specifically suck at a certain activity, in this case, talking shit. So yeah, I'm dense.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm

fantastic wrote:
Brut wrote:uh, you posted that after a half dozen people from the board chastised you for hiding your stats

and after you made the posts i just quoted above

so this proves literally nothing


Thank you for your posts! I'm looking for opinions regarding law schools though. I wish you the best!

i wish you the best as well, that's why i'm posting
at the end of the day, all the advice you're getting in this thread is designed to help you

in your op, you asked for opinions on "which school would be best"
no one can give you a serious answer to that question without more information
whether you're being secretive to prevent a negative response to your options (which is almost certainly the case), or you really do have some special reason why you can't post general information on an anonymous account, it doesn't matter
all of these schools could potentially be a great choice, and all of these schools could potentially be a ruinous choice – that's the real answer to your question

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 pm

bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:
bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:you said i should read your previous posts

i asked what post in particular

you posted bob311's post

are you trying to tell us that bob311 is also your account? what are you trying to say


He is certainly not me. I am also certainly not dense. But I appreciate your attempted effort at talking shit. Even if you suck at it.

what a creative comeback
"you suck"

i was wrong bob311
you're not dense at all


I didn't say you suck. I said you specifically suck at a certain activity, in this case, talking shit. So yeah, I'm dense.


I pm'd you!

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Brut wrote:
fantastic wrote:
Brut wrote:uh, you posted that after a half dozen people from the board chastised you for hiding your stats

and after you made the posts i just quoted above

so this proves literally nothing


Thank you for your posts! I'm looking for opinions regarding law schools though. I wish you the best!

i wish you the best as well, that's why i'm posting
at the end of the day, all the advice you're getting in this thread is designed to help you

in your op, you asked for opinions on "which school would be best"
no one can give you a serious answer to that question without more information
whether you're being secretive to prevent a negative response to your options (which is almost certainly the case), or you really do have some special reason why you can't post general information on an anonymous account, it doesn't matter
all of these schools could potentially be a great choice, and all of these schools could potentially be a ruinous choice – that's the real answer to your question


I would rather not post financial status on a public forum. Also, I feel it's unfair to compare schools based on money when I haven't gotten scholi info from all yet.

I'm really just looking for which school has the best program for future prosecutors.
I really do appreciate your help!
Last edited by fantastic on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 pm

bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:
bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:you said i should read your previous posts

i asked what post in particular

you posted bob311's post

are you trying to tell us that bob311 is also your account? what are you trying to say


He is certainly not me. I am also certainly not dense. But I appreciate your attempted effort at talking shit. Even if you suck at it.

what a creative comeback
"you suck"

i was wrong bob311
you're not dense at all


I didn't say you suck. I said you specifically suck at a certain activity, in this case, talking shit. So yeah, I'm dense.

it's cute how the irony is lost on you
back to your lsat prep you scholar

bob311
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Brut wrote:
bob311 wrote:
Brut wrote:
bob311 wrote:
I didn't say you suck. I said you specifically suck at a certain activity, in this case, talking shit. So yeah, I'm dense.

it's cute how the irony is lost on you
back to your lsat prep you scholar

I'm curious, does demeaning people online make you feel better? Make you feel like a big, important person? Help you get off? With or without law I have and will be successful. I came into this thread to help air a grievance I see is shared with at least one other person here. You do not agree. Great. Enjoy karma's ass whooping one day.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:08 pm

fantastic wrote:
Brut wrote:
fantastic wrote:
Brut wrote:uh, you posted that after a half dozen people from the board chastised you for hiding your stats

and after you made the posts i just quoted above

so this proves literally nothing


Thank you for your posts! I'm looking for opinions regarding law schools though. I wish you the best!

i wish you the best as well, that's why i'm posting
at the end of the day, all the advice you're getting in this thread is designed to help you

in your op, you asked for opinions on "which school would be best"
no one can give you a serious answer to that question without more information
whether you're being secretive to prevent a negative response to your options (which is almost certainly the case), or you really do have some special reason why you can't post general information on an anonymous account, it doesn't matter
all of these schools could potentially be a great choice, and all of these schools could potentially be a ruinous choice – that's the real answer to your question


I wod rather not post financial status on a public forum. Also, I feel it's unfair to compare schools based on money when I haven't gotten scholi info from all yet.

I'm really just looking for which school has the best program for future prosecutors.
I really do appreciate your help!

did you read twenty's thread? i posted it earlier http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=220431
and his LRAP thread? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=211835
have you looked through the prosecution/pd gunners thread? don't post there, it's for students/grads only. but you can PM people. tons of info.
and the prosecutor q&as? http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 23&t=85874
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=188153

if all you want is general info, you should edit your op to reflect that (or maybe choose a different board)
if you're asking the board to help you make a decision about where to attend, post the sticky info

also, there is no reason not to post basic financial information, such as whether you will be taking out loans
if at some point you remake this thread after getting all your offers (which makes this thread kind of pointless), it'll be just as difficult to help you then as it is now, without knowing whether you're taking out loans, getting funded by an employer/gov't, being sponsored by bank of daddy, or some combination of the three

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:15 pm

bob311 wrote:I'm curious, does demeaning people online make you feel better? Make you feel like a big, important person? Help you get off? With or without law I have and will be successful. I came into this thread to help air a grievance I see is shared with at least one other person here. You do not agree. Great. Enjoy karma's ass whooping one day.

yes, that's exactly why i criticized you, not because of the spectacularly stupid things you were posting
i can tell you will be very successful with your excellent writing skills and reasoning abilities

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Thank you for your posts! I'm looking for opinions regarding law schools though. I wish you the best![/quote]
i wish you the best as well, that's why i'm posting
at the end of the day, all the advice you're getting in this thread is designed to help you
in your op, you asked for opinions on "which school would be best"
no one can give you a serious answer to that question without more information
whether you're being secretive to prevent a negative response to your options (which is almost certainly the case), or you really do have some special reason why you can't post general information on an anonymous account, it doesn't matter
all of these schools could potentially be a great choice, and all of these schools could potentially be a ruinous choice – that's the real answer to your question[/quote]

I wod rather not post financial status on a public forum. Also, I feel it's unfair to compare schools based on money when I haven't gotten scholi info from all yet.

I'm really just looking for which school has the best program for future prosecutors.
I really do appreciate your help![/quote]
did you read twenty's thread? i posted it earlier viewtopic.php?f=1&t=220431
and his LRAP thread? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=211835
have you looked through the prosecution/pd gunners thread? don't post there, it's for students/grads only. but you can PM people. tons of info.
and the prosecutor q&as? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=85874
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188153

if all you want is general info, you should edit your op to reflect that (or maybe choose a different board)
if you're asking the board to help you make a decision about where to attend, post the sticky info

also, there is no reason not to post basic financial information, such as whether you will be taking out loans
if at some point you remake this thread after getting all your offers (which makes this thread kind of pointless), it'll be just as difficult to help you then as it is now, without knowing whether you're taking out loans, getting funded by an employer/gov't, being sponsored by bank of daddy, or some combination of the three[/quote]

Thanks for the link! I'm at work, but I'll be able to look at it tonight!

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:23 pm

np
i forgot to post the gunners link, it's here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=155423
it's not a choosing thread and you shouldn't post, but you should pm people
i reached out to alumni and people in the field i'm interested in during my cycle; got great insight and i'm glad i did it

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:33 pm

Brut wrote:np
i forgot to post the gunners link, it's here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=155423
it's not a choosing thread and you shouldn't post, but you should pm people
i reached out to alumni and people in the field i'm interested in during my cycle; got great insight and i'm glad i did it


That's awesome! Thank you!

BigZuck
Posts: 10872
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby BigZuck » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Just come back when you have fully negotiated options, January is way too early for a choosing thread.

fantastic
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Postby fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:21 pm

BigZuck wrote:Just come back when you have fully negotiated options, January is way too early for a choosing thread.


Will do. Thank you!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Roddy618 and 3 guests