UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
fantastic

New

UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:18 pm

I'm looking to become a criminal prosecutor. I have not visited any of the schools yet nor have I received all of my scholarship info. I know that I should attend whichever school appeals me the most in regards to where I feel comfortable and I know all about the rankings, but I would love to hear some opinions. Which school would you choose and why, considering the fact that I want to do criminal prosecution?

Options: UT, Georgetown, Cornell, Michigan, Notre Dame, or William and Mary.

1) I am not sure which agency I want to work for. I am keeping my options open.

2) I'm not used to cold weather. However, I will go to the best school for my intended career path, wherever that may be.

Thanks in advance for your responses! 8)
Last edited by fantastic on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

baal hadad

Gold

Re: UT, Michigan, Georgetown, W&M, Notre Dame, or Cornell

Post by baal hadad » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:19 pm

Wait til u hear ab $

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:24 pm

baal hadad wrote:Wait til u hear ab $
What would your choice be, not based on $?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:34 pm

You should not attend whatever school "appeals to you the most". You should attend the school that gives you the best chance of achieving your goals in the region you want to live at a reasonable cost.

Also, it's impossible to give advice taking money out of the equation, unless you're a GI Bill eligible vet or have wealthy parents footing the bill. Law school sticker price is like 300k. That's always a factor.

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:41 pm

[quote="TheSpanishMain"]You should not attend whatever school "appeals to you the most". You should attend the school that gives you the best chance of achieving your goals in the region you want to live at a reasonable cost.

Also, it's impossible to give advice taking money out of the equation, unless you're a GI Bill eligible vet or have wealthy parents footing the bill. Law school sticker price is like 300k. That's always a factor.[/quote
Last edited by fantastic on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

baal hadad

Gold

Post by baal hadad » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:49 pm

fantastic wrote:
It's not worth making a choice not based on $

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:53 pm

baal hadad wrote:
fantastic wrote:
It's not worth making a choice not based on $
I am asking for an opinion about which school you would attend, not considering money. Thank you though.
Last edited by fantastic on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 pm

fantastic wrote: It's not impossible. I am asking what school people think is best for a career in criminal prosecution. I am nicely asking for an opinion. I am well aware of how much law school costs.
You're asking people for an opinion and leaving out several critical pieces of info. You're asking people to waste their time. If you're going to be a secretive turd about it ("I have my reasons") then you're not going to get a lot of meaningful help. Good luck.

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 pm

I agree with OP here in that too many people are only about the money in making choices as far as cost of attendance. There are many considerations along with money and for some people it may or may not be a consideration at all. Who cares if Columbia costs 300k plus if you have the money? It should not be the prerogative of anyone to discuss these things if they don't like. OP wants to know which school, so give advice accordingly. He might be the long lost Vanderbilt fortune heir. Who cares.

He asked for advice within these constraints. I find it reasonable he receive an answer within those restrictions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:01 pm

bob311 wrote:I agree with OP here in that too many people are only about the money in making choices as far as cost of attendance. There are many considerations along with money and for some people it may or may not be a consideration at all. Who cares if Columbia costs 300k plus if you have the money? It should not be the prerogative of anyone to discuss these things if they don't like. OP wants to know which school, so give advice accordingly. He might be the long lost Vanderbilt fortune heir. Who cares.
Thank you for your support. FOR ME, I would rather pay more for the school that will give me the best opportunities than nothing for a school that will not provide me with good opportunities. For some people, money is the most important factor. For me, it is not.

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:03 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
fantastic wrote: It's not impossible. I am asking what school people think is best for a career in criminal prosecution. I am nicely asking for an opinion. I am well aware of how much law school costs.
You're asking people for an opinion and leaving out several critical pieces of info. You're asking people to waste their time. If you're going to be a secretive turd about it ("I have my reasons") then you're not going to get a lot of meaningful help. Good luck.
Secretive turd? Very clever. Good luck with whatever law school you'll be attending. I wish you the best.
Last edited by fantastic on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:04 pm

fantastic wrote: Thank you for your support. FOR ME, I would rather pay more for the school that will give me the best opportunities than nothing for a school that will not provide me with good opportunities. For some people, money is the most important factor. For me, it is not.
I am with you totally. Also, very jealous of your acceptances so far. Almost my dream list.

Big Red

Gold

Post by Big Red » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:04 pm

fantastic wrote:
bob311 wrote:I agree with OP here in that too many people are only about the money in making choices as far as cost of attendance. There are many considerations along with money and for some people it may or may not be a consideration at all. Who cares if Columbia costs 300k plus if you have the money? It should not be the prerogative of anyone to discuss these things if they don't like. OP wants to know which school, so give advice accordingly. He might be the long lost Vanderbilt fortune heir. Who cares.
Thank you for your support. FOR ME, I would rather pay more for the school that will give me the best opportunities than nothing for a school that will not provide me with good opportunities. For some people, money is the most important factor. For me, it is not.
Flaw: False Choice

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:05 pm

bob311 wrote:
fantastic wrote:
I am with you totally. Also, very jealous of your acceptances so far. Almost my dream list.[/quote]

Thank you so much! :-) Have you started applying yet?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:06 pm

He asked for advice within these constraints. I find it reasonable he receive an answer within those restrictions.
If he's super wealthy and sticker price is irrelevant than he should just say that.

Asking a question and then boxing it in in such a way that precludes a meaningful answer is a waste of time.

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:07 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:

If he's super wealthy and sticker price is irrelevant than he should just say that.

Asking a question and then boxing it in in such a way that precludes a meaningful answer is a waste of time.
If it's a waste of time, why do you keep posting? :roll:

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:09 pm

fantastic wrote:
bob311 wrote:
fantastic wrote:
I am with you totally. Also, very jealous of your acceptances so far. Almost my dream list.
Thank you so much! :-) Have you started applying yet?[/quote]

Yeah waiting to hear back from all of those (minus UT, no desire to live in Texas). I have strong ties to DC so GULC would be great, as would all of those schools. My problem with this website is everyone obsesses on strictly numbers. I have solid, not unbelievable numbers, but I have other things I think should make me an attractive candidate. I am/was a pro athlete with a masters degree in a non-sports subject haha. But according to everyone here, its only numbers based. Which it might be the case. Hoping it isn't!
Last edited by bob311 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:10 pm

you're missing too much information

read the stickied thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 1&t=206299

bob311

Bronze

Post by bob311 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:11 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:

No, if he didn't address it then it's acceptable to say consider the money aspect, but it might not be the full equation. That is my point. No one should have to disclose any sort of financial situation in order to get advice. Maybe you should give advice twice, once with the money aspect and once without. Then he gets a full picture without being potentially uncomfortable.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:14 pm

fantastic wrote:
Because I hoped that if I asked a follow up question, you would provide some relevant info that I would then use to try to help you. I'm sorry you're so tender. Good luck.

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Brut wrote:you're missing too much information

read the stickied thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 1&t=206299
I'm not missing anything. Trust me. I've taken all of that into account. I'm asking for something specific.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:19 pm

bob311 wrote:
fantastic wrote:
bob311 wrote:
fantastic wrote:
Thank you so much! :-) Have you started applying yet?
Yeah waiting to hear back from all of those (minus UT, no desire to live in Texas). I have strong ties to DC so GULC would be great, as would all of those schools. My problem with this website is everyone obsesses on strictly numbers. I have solid, not unbelievable numbers, but I have other things I think should make me an attractive candidate. I am/was a pro athlete with a masters degree in a non-sports subject haha. But according to everyone here, its only numbers based. Which it might be the case. Hoping it isn't![/quote]

Despite what people tell you, it's not only numbers based.
Last edited by fantastic on Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

fantastic

New

Post by fantastic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:20 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
fantastic wrote:
Because I hoped that if I asked a follow up question, you would provide some relevant info that I would then use to try to help you. I'm sorry you're so tender. Good luck.
Good luck as well!

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:20 pm

this is some pretty unfunny trolling op

ballcaps

Silver

Post by ballcaps » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:20 pm

i agree that this is lol, but who cares? OP, do wtf you want.

here's something!
http://education-portal.com/articles/Be ... hools.html

looks like the best criminal law programs track rankings quite closely.

cornell?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”