Vermont Law (full-ride) vs. GW sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Re: Vermont Law (full-ride) vs. GW sticker

Postby 03152016 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:10 pm

timbs4339 wrote:It goes without saying that GW is out unless you can negotiate that up to full.

he's debt free either way

Postby smile0751 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Lol at the persian comment.

As a fellow persian, I cannot encourage you enough to get out from your parents financial claws. They have a way of keeping their children immature and dependant forever.

I would say the worst thing you can do is take their money and deal with the guilt.

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm not even gonna look up Vermont, but GW at sticker is NEVER the answer.

Postby NYCFAN1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:45 pm

if your parents are willing to give you six figures for school, hire a private lsat tutor so you can get into a school that gives you more than a coin-flip chance of getting a job

Postby paranoia4ya » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:22 pm

you are going to get better options after you apply to more then 3 law schools. no one can tell you what to do, but lets think about this rationally. Most job opportunities for law students stem from the school's alumni base. I assume that many other people at vls had the same reasoning as you when they went into law school, and i would not be surprised if a substantial portion of the school came from an environmental policy/whatever background. When employers see your application, they are not going to see a special snowflake. if you are not top 10%, or 5%, they are going to put your resume underneath the other 100 they got from vls, and put those underneath every other more reputable school. I am *almost certain that this will be the case for paid federal legal opportunities from this school. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”