Adopt-A-State completed! Thanks everyone!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: TLS adopt-a-state week

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:07 am

scottidsntknow wrote:Who do I message to tell the data on LST for St. Louis University is wrong? LST lists the employment score as 50.5% while it is actually 55.5% (looking at the ABA data). This 55.5% data is also displayed on LST once you actually click on the "Jobs Data" tab, so I think this was obviously just a simple error on their part.

University of San Diego's is wrong too. It says 51.9% on LST but I calculated it myself and it comes out to be 53.1%.

chuckbass

Platinum

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:12 am

Brut wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Who do I message to tell the data on LST for St. Louis University is wrong? LST lists the employment score as 50.5% while it is actually 55.5% (looking at the ABA data). This 55.5% data is also displayed on LST once you actually click on the "Jobs Data" tab, so I think this was obviously just a simple error on their part.

jenesaislaw is online, i'd msg him/her

Oh duh, thanks. I'll be done the MO schools soon.

jenesaislaw

Silver

Postby jenesaislaw » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:18 am

ManoftheHour wrote:

University of San Diego's is wrong too. It says 51.9% on LST but I calculated it myself and it comes out to be 53.1%.

You guys aren't subtracting out LT, FT solos. The numbers are all correct.

ETA: here's the methodology, http://www.lstscorereports.com/guides/Methodology/

Trig

Bronze

Postby Trig » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 am

I'll do Hawaii tomorrow since it is my home state.

chuckbass

Platinum

Postby chuckbass » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:49 am

Ok I'm done with Missouri. Really a superb idea Brut.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:28 am

jenesaislaw wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

You guys aren't subtracting out LT, FT solos. The numbers are all correct.

ETA: here's the methodology, http://www.lstscorereports.com/guides/Methodology/

Damn, forgot about that shit.

Crowing

Gold

Postby Crowing » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:17 am

Cicero76 wrote:How do we stop the schools from just undoing what we do? Couldn't their admissions deans just delete our edits? I put FL Coastal on my "watch list" but idk if that will help or anything

I'm curious to see how this plays out w/r/t when/where the alarm bells will start ringing.

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Postby CoffeeIsLife » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 am

I know it is only one school, but I'll take care of my state (West Virginia)

Frothingslosh

Bronze

Postby Frothingslosh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:05 am

I grabbed Iowa's 2 schools. They're updated now.

Otunga

Silver

Postby Otunga » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 pm

I'll do Rhode Island & New Hampshire.

Attax

Gold

Postby Attax » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Texas is done.

Aholymost

New

Postby Aholymost » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm

I can do Kentucky.

nightcheese

New

Postby nightcheese » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:33 pm

No one's claimed it yet, so I'll work on my home state (Virginia) tomorrow. I'll start with VA's two most infamous TTTT's. (You know which ones I'm talking about...)

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Postby CoffeeIsLife » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:40 pm

nightcheese wrote:No one's claimed it yet, so I'll work on my home state (Virginia) tomorrow. I'll start with VA's two most infamous TTTT's. (You know which ones I'm talking about...)

Grundy and Jerry Falwell's finest

nightcheese

New

Postby nightcheese » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 pm

CoffeeIsLife wrote:
nightcheese wrote:No one's claimed it yet, so I'll work on my home state (Virginia) tomorrow. I'll start with VA's two most infamous TTTT's. (You know which ones I'm talking about...)

I was thinking of Liberty and Regent, but I suppose Appalachian is just as infamous... at least to those who are aware it exists. (I've lived in VA for 25 years and hadn't heard of it until browsing TLS. Oops!)

CoffeeIsLife

Bronze

Postby CoffeeIsLife » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm

nightcheese wrote:
CoffeeIsLife wrote:

I was thinking of Liberty and Regent, but I suppose Appalachian is just as infamous... at least to those who are aware it exists. (I've lived in VA for 25 years and hadn't heard of it until browsing TLS. Oops!)

I would have never heard of Appalachian if I didn't go to school with a girl from Grundy but you're right about Regent too

chuckbass

Platinum

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:02 pm

I went to a Christian undergrad, so the prelaw advisor had a Regent adcomm come in to talk about law school. It was lulzy :lol:

nightcheese

New

Postby nightcheese » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Did the adcomm talk about how great Regent's moot court is? :D

I hadn't actually looked at their wiki article until now. Oy vey, this layout of this thing is atrocious. The law school doesn't have its own page, but the majority of the Regent University article seems to be about the law school. (And even so, the stats don't have much substance.) I don't know where I'll stick the employment stats, but I will find a way.

scoobysnax

Bronze

Postby scoobysnax » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:48 pm

I'll do Maryland

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

chuckbass

Platinum

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:Yo Brut, since no one's claimed it and I'm free tonight, I'll do Bama.

A Friday night well spent on Wikipedia ;)

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:44 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

chuckbass

Platinum

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:46 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:Yo Brut, since no one's claimed it and I'm free tonight, I'll do Bama.

A Friday night well spent on Wikipedia ;)

Indeed. The gf's out of town, so why not learn some stuff on the old online encyclopedia while a Simpsons marathon plays in the background? :lol: BTW, Alabama's done. I'm on a roll so I'm going to jump on Georgia. I will say, University of Alabama is a pretty impressive regional school. Much cheaper than most, 70% employment score, 22% Biglaw/clerkship. Not bad.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roll tide brah

melmoththewanderer

New

Postby melmoththewanderer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Objection: Why aren't we including the cost of attendance?

If we're going to post information useful to future students like employment figures, we should also let future students know what the non-discounted, fully debt-financed cost of attendance are, and what the minimum 10-year monthly payment would be.

chuckbass

Platinum

Postby chuckbass » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:25 pm

melmoththewanderer wrote:Objection: Why aren't we including the cost of attendance?

If we're going to post information useful to future students like employment figures, we should also let future students know what the non-discounted, fully debt-financed cost of attendance are, and what the minimum 10-year monthly payment would be.

Brut wrote:==Costs==
The total cost of attendance (indicating the cost of tuition, fees, and living expenses) at xxxxxxxxxxx for the 20xxxxxx-20xxxxx academic year is $xxxxxxxxxx.<ref>{{cite web|url=SCHOOLSITExxxxxxxxx |title=xxxxxxxxxxx}}</ref> The Law School Transparency estimated debt-financed cost of attendance for three years is $xxxxxxxxxxx.<ref>{{cite web|url=LSTxxxxxxxxxxxx |title=xxxxxxxxxxxxx Profile}}</ref>

Return to “Choosing a Law School?