Any Difference Between T2, TTT and TTTT Schools? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
guynourmin

Gold

Re: Any Difference Between T2, TTT and TTTT Schools?

Post by guynourmin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:12 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
thejaquio wrote:I also realize the irony of brushing aside official reports for being too unreliable, but wanting anecdotal evidence. But there is something to be said for getting a more specific picture, which sometimes only (true) personal stories can provide.
I don't think you actually do realize the irony...
if they don't know what 'reliable' or 'evidence' means, its likely they don't know what 'irony' means. its certainly the most difficult of the three to get a handle on imo.

thejaquio

New

Post by thejaquio » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:14 pm

guybourdin wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
thejaquio wrote:I also realize the irony of brushing aside official reports for being too unreliable, but wanting anecdotal evidence. But there is something to be said for getting a more specific picture, which sometimes only (true) personal stories can provide.
if they don't know what 'reliable' or 'evidence' means, its likely they don't know what 'irony' means. its certainly the most difficult of the three to get a handle on imo.
You do know that "anecdotal evidence" is an idiom in the English language, right? It's also axiomatic on TLS that the employment numbers reported by law schools are notoriously unreliable.

BTW, for people above a Gump-level IQ, irony isn't all that complex to grasp. Anyway, just answer the MF question. It's like pulling teeth to get a non-condescending answer from all you law school divas out there.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:24 pm

thejaquio wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
You do know that "anecdotal evidence" is an idiom in the English language, right? It's also axiomatic on TLS that the employment numbers reported by law schools are notoriously unreliable.

BTW, for people above a Gump-level IQ, irony isn't all that complex to grasp. Anyway, just answer the MF question. It's like pulling teeth to get a non-condescending answer from all you law school divas out there.
qfp

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:32 pm

thejaquio wrote:

Please stop using three-syllable words if you don't know their meaning...

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:40 pm

thejaquio wrote:You do know that "anecdotal evidence" is an idiom in the English language, right?
So is could care less, but I could not care less.
thejaquio wrote:It's also axiomatic on TLS that the employment numbers reported by law schools are notoriously unreliable.
No, it isn't. ABA reports are pretty solid. when a school says 0 students in the last 4 years landed federal clerkships, we all know what that means. When a school says double digits last year went solo, we all really know what that means.
thejaquio wrote:BTW, for people above a Gump-level IQ, irony isn't all that complex to grasp.
I just said harder than some other concepts (that, maybe you hadn't seemed to grasp), not that it was too complex.
thejaquio wrote: Anyway, just answer the MF question. It's like pulling teeth to get a non-condescending answer from all you law school divas out there.
well, the question changed so quickly: from asking for numbers? data? to disregarding all numbers out there and asking for stories or reports. I can't keep track of the, umm, MF question. If I could, though: seems like outside of the tippy-top (if thats 10% or 25% may depend on the school), its all about who you are and how you hustle. If you're abrasive or outright antagonistic at median with bad people skills, you may well struggle. ymmv.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thejaquio

New

Post by thejaquio » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:47 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
thejaquio wrote:

Please stop using three-syllable words if you don't know their meaning...
Please just stop using words.

thejaquio

New

Post by thejaquio » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm

guybourdin wrote:
thejaquio wrote:You do know that "anecdotal evidence" is an idiom in the English language, right?
thejaquio wrote:It's also axiomatic on TLS that the employment numbers reported by law schools are notoriously unreliable.
No, it isn't. ABA reports are pretty solid. when a school says 0 students in the last 4 years landed federal clerkships, we all know what that means. When a school says double digits last year went solo, we all really know what that means.
thejaquio wrote:BTW, for people above a Gump-level IQ, irony isn't all that complex to grasp.
I just said harder than some other concepts (that, maybe you hadn't seemed to grasp), not that it was too complex.
thejaquio wrote: Anyway, just answer the MF question. It's like pulling teeth to get a non-condescending answer from all you law school divas out there.
well, the question changed so quickly: from asking for numbers? data? to disregarding all numbers out there and asking for stories or reports. I can't keep track of the, umm, MF question. If I could, though: seems like outside of the tippy-top (if thats 10% or 25% may depend on the school), its all about who you are and how you hustle. If you're abrasive or outright antagonistic at median with bad people skills, you may well struggle. ymmv.
I was just hoping we'd hear some tales of unsuccessful applicant/successful applicants, that we'd be able to piece together a better idea of real-world placement. After all, I had an offer before graduation, but I never took the time to report that I was employed to my school. They probably think I am working my way up the chain at the local Mickey D's for all I know. Hence, people like me would not be represented by official school numbers. (Actually, I have had no contact with my school other than telling them to kick sand when they solicit money from me bi-annually.) There is a legitimate need for tales therefore, dontcha see? Although number do play an important role in painting a broad picture of schools' placement. The problem is, I do not want to go through 170 schools' data to see if TT>TTT>TTTT.

Which brings us full-circle... Any non-divas have stories that they want to share about Ts 2-4 employment post-grad?

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 pm

thejaquio wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
I was just hoping we'd hear some tales of unsuccessful applicant/successful applicants, that we'd be able to piece together a better idea of real-world placement. After all, I had an offer before graduation, but I never took the time to report that I was employed to my school. They probably think I am working my way up the chain at the local Mickey D's for all I know. Hence, people like me would not be represented by official school numbers. (Actually, I have had no contact with my school other than telling them to kick sand when they solicit money from me bi-annually.) There is a legitimate need for tales therefore, dontcha see? Although number do play an important role in painting a broad picture of schools' placement. The problem is, I do not want to go through 170 schools' data to see if TT>TTT>TTTT.

Which brings us full-circle... Any non-divas have stories that they want to share about Ts 2-4 employment post-grad?
None post here because this is top law schools dot com not top of their class unemployed lawyers from TTT dot com

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:43 pm

thejaquio wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

You know that schools use other methods than self-reported data to fill out their 509s, right? I know at my school the Career Services Office goes through a pretty extensive process to account for every person. If you're on a firm's website, have your job listed on your linkedin, or there is any public record of where you work then your school definitely knows what you were doing. Especially if they never followed up with you or kept hounding you to figure out what you were doing. You're in the data.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 am

thejaquio wrote:Those things are often unreliable/vague, even after the push for law school transparency. I'd like to hear more anecdotal "evidence" of the types of jobs going to lower tier grads and to hear of their gpa/other creds...

I also realize the irony of brushing aside official reports for being too unreliable, but wanting anecdotal evidence. But there is something to be said for getting a more specific picture, which sometimes only (true) personal stories can provide.
what do you want to know? TTT grad...

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Bump. This thread has some entertainment value left in it. And of course will be useful to people deciding between law schools at these tiers.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”