Miami v. Emory

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Miami or Emory?

Miami
50%
Emory
50%

Total votes: 20

Nucky

Re: Miami v. Emory

Postby Nucky » Fri May 09, 2014 11:26 am

splittinghairs wrote:
Nucky wrote:At equal cost, and considering OP hasn't said he/she has ties and/or would rather work in one market over the other, I really don't understand how anyone could suggest Miami over Emory.

Please tell me what I'm missing. Because I think Emory is the obvious choice.

Disclosure: 0L

Did you not read?
but if I attend Emory and then get a job in Miami post graduation, I asusme U Miami has a stronger presence and more prestige there

I have ties to the city of Miami which I forgot to mention.

I saw that OP has ties, but that doesn't sound concrete enough to sway me. Also, OP said he/she would be just as happy in Atlanta as Miami. OP also suggested that Miami has more prestige in Miami than Emory would, and while this may be true in regard to the common person in Miami, I have a hard time believing that this holds true with regard to Miami attorneys. Emory is a far superior school and at equal cost, this seems like a no-brainer.

Open to other thoughts, maybe I am failing to consider something.

Are you sure you guys aren't on the Emory waitlist and clamoring for a spot? :wink:

splittinghairs

Postby splittinghairs » Fri May 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Nucky wrote:
splittinghairs wrote:
Nucky wrote:At equal cost, and considering OP hasn't said he/she has ties and/or would rather work in one market over the other, I really don't understand how anyone could suggest Miami over Emory.

Please tell me what I'm missing. Because I think Emory is the obvious choice.

Disclosure: 0L

Did you not read?
but if I attend Emory and then get a job in Miami post graduation, I asusme U Miami has a stronger presence and more prestige there

I have ties to the city of Miami which I forgot to mention.

I saw that OP has ties, but that doesn't sound concrete enough to sway me. Also, OP said he/she would be just as happy in Atlanta as Miami. OP also suggested that Miami has more prestige in Miami than Emory would, and while this may be true in regard to the common person in Miami, I have a hard time believing that this holds true with regard to Miami attorneys. Emory is a far superior school and at equal cost, this seems like a no-brainer.

Open to other thoughts, maybe I am failing to consider something.

Are you sure you guys aren't on the Emory waitlist and clamoring for a spot? :wink:

I didn't vote in the poll because I don't think either are good options for someone who wants to work in Miami. However, if one had to pick a school and if OP only has ties to Miami but not Atl and wants to end up in Miami, then I can see why some people would pick Miami in the poll. Even people in the T-14 have trouble getting Miami biglaw, so getting to Miami from Emory is just not a realistic option.

metroidbum

Postby metroidbum » Fri May 09, 2014 11:26 pm

How has no one said retake? Until OP confirms they have maxed out, they should retake or not go to law school.

110k is insane for either of these schools.

bcoco9292

Postby bcoco9292 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks everyone for your guidance and advice...extremely helpful!

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Sat May 10, 2014 8:35 pm

If you put "neither" as an option that will win.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”