. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

what to do

reapply next year and profit
23%
take Dillard or hypothetical Columbia/Chicago and run
77%

Total votes: 96

deebanger

Bronze

Re: help James Bungles decide what to do

Post by deebanger » Wed May 07, 2014 12:40 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Oh I remember that. You're still worthless. That's a shocker. I don't know why you had to screen cap that.
mal, are u mad because you are jealous that he has good numbers? dont be so petty

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 07, 2014 12:42 am

deebanger wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Oh I remember that. You're still worthless. That's a shocker. I don't know why you had to screen cap that.
mal, are u mad because you are jealous that he has good numbers? dont be so petty
Yeah that must be it.

deebanger

Bronze

Post by deebanger » Wed May 07, 2014 12:44 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
deebanger wrote:
Yeah that must be it.
must be, dont be so jealous.

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Wed May 07, 2014 12:45 am

CoffeeIsLife wrote:Not trying to pour it on the OP, but come on, seriously? You have a named scholarship at a T-10 school and seem to think you're entitled to just about whatever school and $ amount you see fit. If the best $ outcome at a school isn't good enough for you just don't bother applying. You keep mentioning HYSCCN but you turned down NYU already. I just don't get what you were hoping for out of this thread.
I don't understand why OP's "entitlement"should be seen as a bad thing. If Op doesn't want the scholarship and finds preference elsewhere, then by all means let OP be entitled to wherever he/she seems fit. OP probably has funding somewhere else apart from scholarships and is thus basing he/she's decision on personal aspects of a school.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed May 07, 2014 12:47 am

chizzy wrote:
CoffeeIsLife wrote:Not trying to pour it on the OP, but come on, seriously? You have a named scholarship at a T-10 school and seem to think you're entitled to just about whatever school and $ amount you see fit. If the best $ outcome at a school isn't good enough for you just don't bother applying. You keep mentioning HYSCCN but you turned down NYU already. I just don't get what you were hoping for out of this thread.
I don't understand why OP's "entitlement"should be seen as a bad thing. If Op doesn't want the scholarship and finds preference elsewhere, then by all means let OP be entitled to wherever he/she seems fit. OP probably has funding somewhere else apart from scholarships and is thus basing he/she's decision on personal aspects of a school.
I didn't think this thread could get any worse, and then here you came.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 07, 2014 12:47 am

jesus man. please just take the dillard. poor uva; hopefully they aren't reading this.

chizzy

Silver

Post by chizzy » Wed May 07, 2014 12:50 am

Danger Zone wrote:
chizzy wrote:
I didn't think this thread could get any worse, and then here you came.
I'm not saying OP shouldn't take the dilliard (I voted yes in poll). I'm just saying the attack on OP on here is unwarranted.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 07, 2014 12:51 am

deebanger wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
deebanger wrote:
Yeah that must be it.
must be, dont be so jealous.
Are you a 0L? It sounds like it. What school do you hope to get into next year.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed May 07, 2014 12:51 am

chizzy wrote: I'm not saying OP shouldn't take the dilliard (I voted yes in poll). I'm just saying the attack on OP on here is unwarranted.
I understood what you were saying.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FattyMcFatFat

Bronze

Post by FattyMcFatFat » Wed May 07, 2014 12:55 am

james.bungles wrote:for some reason i thought this thread would more reasonable than the H v Y threads or HYS v hamilton/ruby threads but I guess i was wrong
That's because you appear to have extremely poor judgment. There is a very easy answer in this scenario. Like, really fucking easy. Don't know why you seem unwilling to hear it...

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Wed May 07, 2014 12:57 am

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Tue May 20, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maui53

New

Post by Maui53 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:58 am

jbagelboy wrote:jesus man. please just take the dillard. poor uva; hopefully they aren't reading this.
Yes poor UVA Somehow this OP managed to fool them. The Dillard should be an honor, but OP is incapable of making a mature decision. He would rather descend into drama and poor decisions. I hope he takes time off to get his head straight and spare UVA his dramatic presence. Can one imagine being his classmate?
Last edited by Maui53 on Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 am

james.bungles wrote:
FattyMcFatFat wrote:
james.bungles wrote:for some reason i thought this thread would more reasonable than the H v Y threads or HYS v hamilton/ruby threads but I guess i was wrong
That's because you appear to have extremely poor judgment. Perhaps you aren't really worthy of any T10, yet you've managed to fool one of them into letting you go to their school for free. There is a very easy answer in this scenario. Like, really fucking easy. Don't know why you seem unwilling to hear it...
it just seems like in other threads users usually don't crucify someone for taking a higher ranked school at less or no scholarship above a full tuition one (e.g. Yale over a Hamilton), and in this case the job prospects (UVA v. HYSCC) are enough of a difference that I thought it warranted discussion
You turned down NYU and Penn without a second thought you asshole. You are not an average thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

deebanger

Bronze

Post by deebanger » Wed May 07, 2014 12:59 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
james.bungles wrote:
FattyMcFatFat wrote:
That's because you appear to have extremely poor judgment. Perhaps you aren't really worthy of any T10, yet you've managed to fool one of them into letting you go to their school for free. There is a very easy answer in this scenario. Like, really fucking easy. Don't know why you seem unwilling to hear it...
it just seems like in other threads users usually don't crucify someone for taking a higher ranked school at less or no scholarship above a full tuition one (e.g. Yale over a Hamilton), and in this case the job prospects (UVA v. HYSCC) are enough of a difference that I thought it warranted discussion
You turned down NYU and Penn without a second thought you asshole. You are not an average thread.
you are pathetic mal, its so sad haha

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 am

Deebanger please answer my previous question.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 am

Last edited by Mack.Hambleton on Tue May 20, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 07, 2014 1:02 am

Because the Dillard is better than you will ever do at CCN. So this thread is entirely redundant.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Maui53

New

Post by Maui53 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:03 am

You turned down NYU and Penn without a second thought you asshole. You are not an average thread.[/quote]

I turned down Penn with no scholly after negotiation and NYU with 62.5k after negotiation.. what is the deal here.. the goal of the thread was to see if it would be worth applying again next year for better schollies at CCN[/quote]

No your goal was to seek attention and have a dramatic breakdown because you are too immature to be going to law school..

FattyMcFatFat

Bronze

Post by FattyMcFatFat » Wed May 07, 2014 1:03 am

Misread previous post.
Last edited by FattyMcFatFat on Wed May 07, 2014 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed May 07, 2014 1:04 am

james.bungles wrote:it just seems like in other threads users usually don't crucify someone for taking a higher ranked school at less or no scholarship above a full tuition one (e.g. Yale over a Hamilton), and in this case the gap in job prospects (UVA v. HYSCC) are even more significant, so I thought that warranted some discussion
There has been an absolute rash of threads recently in which law school grads specifically tell 0Ls they need to take the money over the higher ranked school at less/no scholarship. It's become the TLS mantra. There are actually plenty of people here who would crucify a candidate for picking Yale (at cost) over a Hamilton - at least in the absence of a specific compelling reason why a Yale degree is necessary for your legal career, which isn't the case for someone who doesn't know what they want to do (and thus is likely to end up in biglaw).

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed May 07, 2014 1:04 am

This is one of the rare circumstances where I think OP will end up kicking himself if he waits out a year. Dillard may not be on the table next year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed May 07, 2014 1:05 am

0Ls are obsessed with prestige and it will be the end of them.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:05 am

LOL @ this thread.

Bungles, I've more or less defended you here, but I agree that you should take the Dillard. Or at least request with UVA that it be transferable to Cron.

FattyMcFatFat

Bronze

Post by FattyMcFatFat » Wed May 07, 2014 1:06 am

james.bungles wrote:
FattyMcFatFat wrote:
it just seems like in other threads users usually don't crucify someone for taking a higher ranked school at less or no scholarship above a full tuition one (e.g. Yale over a Hamilton), and in this case the gap in job prospects (UVA v. HYSCC) are even more significant, so I thought that warranted some discussion
Yale is Yale. There is but one Yale. Yale is not relevant here.

Maui53

New

Post by Maui53 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:08 am

Danger Zone wrote:This is one of the rare circumstances where I think OP will end up kicking himself if he waits out a year. Dillard may not be on the table next year.
Actually I think the OP should just kick himself off the attending law school path for at least one to two years. His indecisiveness is not suited to rational logical thinking.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”