Columbia ($) vs. Michigan ($$) vs. Cornell ($$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I go?

Columbia (150k debt)
20%
Michigan (80k debt)
9%
Cornell (15k debt)
71%

Total votes: 66

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Columbia ($) vs. Michigan ($$) vs. Cornell ($$$)

Post by jbagelboy » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 pm

cotiger wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
cotiger wrote:The more I've been on here, the more I've come to believe that people massively over-think this decision just in order to come up with justifications for what they wanted to do anyway. Like, I hate bigdebt but I still have some sort of preference for a nifty name, so big surprise I'm most likely ending up at CCN. I'm almost certain that all the threads I've read on employment outcomes aren't what led to me to that decision, and if anything I've come to the conclusion that the 75k COA difference between them and NU is probably too much.

And all this goes out the window if Berk matches, employment stats be damned, bc WEST.

People are going to do whatever they want to do, and so long as you make sure that they're not making a terrible, potentially life-ruining decision, there's nothing you really can/should do to stop them. If your brother really wants to go to CLS, he'll be convinced by the V-whatever 'stige being worth the money. If he doesn't, then he probably won't.
i'm really curious where you are headed this fall
me too lol. deposited at chi, nyu, and nu. waiting on finaid at cls and matching decision at berk. berk match would probably be #1, chi or nyu otherwise.

i'm excited for this process to be over.
good luck dude, would be fun to see you at cls, but it doesn't seem like the money's headed that way.

zman

Bronze

Re: Columbia ($) vs. Michigan ($$) vs. Cornell ($$$)

Post by zman » Sun May 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Cornell.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”