Columbia vs Penn vs UVA

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lost0L

Columbia vs Penn vs UVA

Postby lost0L » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Accepted to all 3. No significant scholarships. Which is more national in terms of firm placement outside of NYC?

Ties to Chicago. Ideally I'd like to work in Texas or Chicago, but would also be ok with working in Cali.
Last edited by lost0L on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let It Roll

Re: Columbia vs Penn vs UVA vs Michigan

Postby Let It Roll » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Did you apply to Chicago? It places well in Texas, Chicago, and California.

What about Northwestern?

lost0L

Postby lost0L » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:50 pm

Let It Roll wrote:Did you apply to Chicago? It places well in Texas, Chicago, and California.

What about Northwestern?

Held at Northwestern. I interviewed with Chicago and haven't heard back yet, but am expecting WL.
Last edited by lost0L on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let It Roll

Postby Let It Roll » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:11 pm

I gotcha. I wouldn't lose hope on Chicago. I'm a splitter and got in.

Hard to imagine you not getting significant aid from at least one of these schools. Probably a good idea to look over law school transparency to see how these schools place in the markets you want. It's not a perfect measure, but it's still helpful. Not going to account for self selection though.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=other

lost0L

Postby lost0L » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:21 pm

Let It Roll wrote:I gotcha. I wouldn't lose hope on Chicago. I'm a splitter and got in.

Hard to imagine you not getting significant aid from at least one of these schools. Probably a good idea to look over law school transparency to see how these schools place in the markets you want. It's not a perfect measure, but it's still helpful. Not going to account for self selection though.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=other

That gives me hope about Chicago -- it is definitely my top choice if I get in, and if not, hopefully I will get some decent $ from one of the other schools. I will check out law school transparency now. Thanks!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”