Help me make a decision...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: Help me make a decision...

Postby kingjones59 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:08 pm

We had 20 people interview for an UNPAID 1L sure gig with a county prosecutor for some hodunk county that doesn't see anything more serious than the occasional aggravated assault.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Help me make a decision...

Postby BigZuck » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm

kingjones59 wrote:We had 20 people interview for an UNPAID 1L sure gig with a county prosecutor for some hodunk county that doesn't see anything more serious than the occasional aggravated assault.


So you're saying that people can't even get 1L summer jobs at your school?

User avatar
kingjones59
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: Help me make a decision...

Postby kingjones59 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:20 pm

No, just that PI is just as tough as firm gigs and the "but I wanna do PI" justification for going to a low ranked school is a terrible one.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Help me make a decision...

Postby Otunga » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:49 pm

kingjones59 wrote:No, just that PI is just as tough as firm gigs and the "but I wanna do PI" justification for going to a low ranked school is a terrible one.


But I tend to believe it's justified if you're getting full tuition at the low ranked school, and that living expenses aren't bad. At the same time, you have to maximize your chances at private work if PI doesn't pan out, which means that you probably can't dip too far in rank.

RLowry23
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Re: Help me make a decision...

Postby RLowry23 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:55 pm

For those that care, I got UIUC to cover fee's too so I am just paying for living and books.

Deposited today, thanks for all the advice!

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Help me make a decision...

Postby Nova » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 pm

RLowry23 wrote:For those that care, I got UIUC to cover fee's too so I am just paying for living and books.

Deposited today, thanks for all the advice!

Nice

Good luck!!




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fscow1022 and 8 guests