PLEASE DELETE Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Vincent

Bronze

Re: Decline of Cornell and Northwestern?

Post by Vincent » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 am

rad lulz wrote:
patogordo wrote:
El Pollito wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:I'm currently looking at near-full ride to UCLA, and waiting to hear back on AJD scholarships at NU. It will take $100k to sway me in NU's direction for three reasons:

1) I want to work in the entertainment industry (B.A. in Arts and Media Management)

2) UG was in Chicago (this works both ways though, because I hate sun, and don't like driving, but I also like the idea of relocating while I'm still young/mobile.)

3) Student loan debt is really, really scary. And I feel like I'd be at the top of the pack for UCLA, making my job prospects a bit stronger compared to the rest of the graduating class.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
it This was a triumph
im making a note here

huge success
♫ It's hard to overstate my satisfaction ♫

whereskyle

Silver

Post by whereskyle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:35 am

School for less money always

mirroroferised7

Silver

Post by mirroroferised7 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 am

patogordo wrote:
El Pollito wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:I'm currently looking at near-full ride to UCLA, and waiting to hear back on AJD scholarships at NU. It will take $100k to sway me in NU's direction for three reasons:

1) I want to work in the entertainment industry (B.A. in Arts and Media Management)

2) UG was in Chicago (this works both ways though, because I hate sun, and don't like driving, but I also like the idea of relocating while I'm still young/mobile.)

3) Student loan debt is really, really scary. And I feel like I'd be at the top of the pack for UCLA, making my job prospects a bit stronger compared to the rest of the graduating class.
it was a triumph
points for cross-thread trolling.

And yes, I know. Special Snowflake Syndrome. STFU.

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:47 am

mirroroferised7 wrote:
patogordo wrote:
El Pollito wrote:

it was a triumph

special snowflake syndrome would be "i'm gonna work really hard so i'm sure i'll be at the top of my class." saying "i'm gonna go to a lower ranked school because i'll be better than my classmates" is just retard logic.

mirroroferised7

Silver

Post by mirroroferised7 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 am

patogordo wrote:
mirroroferised7 wrote:
patogordo wrote:

it was a triumph

special snowflake syndrome would be "i'm gonna work really hard so i'm sure i'll be at the top of my class." saying "i'm gonna go to a lower ranked school because i'll be better than my classmates" is just retard logic.
So, based on your infinite wisdom, what would be the best course of action based on the information presented above, oh, non-"retarded" one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 pm

if i had infinite wisdom i wouldn't go to law school. but since i'm you i'd go to UCLA, just not for the dumb reasons you posted.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:54 pm

I'm honestly curious, given the LSAT/GPA stats listed in the OP, why you think you'd do so much better at UCLA than at Cornell or Northwestern. Wasn't the original, worthless point of this thread that the student quality is the same?

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:04 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:I'm honestly curious, given the LSAT/GPA stats listed in the OP, why you think you'd do so much better at UCLA than at Cornell or Northwestern. Wasn't the original, worthless point of this thread that the student quality is the same?
The median student at UCLA missed, like, two more questions on the LSAT than the median student at Northwestern. Therefore, she would kill it at UCLA but only kind of kill it at NU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:03 pm

rad lulz wrote:
sublime wrote:Obligatory employers will leave in DROVES comment.
DROVES I TELL YOU
Employers leaving these sinking ships in DROVES

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”