UF Law v. FSU Law Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UF Law or FSU Law (costs being equal)

UF Law
57%
FSU Law
43%

Total votes: 167

Roberrrrto

Bronze

Re: UF Law v. FSU Law

Post by Roberrrrto » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 am

jkwo07 wrote:
mes10d wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
rad lulz wrote:How much will each of them cost you
First line of OP's post: Okay, so I have been admitted to both and as a Florida resident, both COAs are essentially identical.
Just because two things are identical doesn't mean they're identically good. Maybe I missed it but were any actual costs listed or just in relation to each other?

The total Cost of Attendance (including housing) for both is about $34,000.

Roberrrrto

Bronze

Post by Roberrrrto » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 am

jkwo07 wrote:
patogordo wrote:I'm just gonna assume in state sticker aka retake

Wrong. Thanks for trolling.

Roberrrrto

Bronze

Post by Roberrrrto » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 am

So by now everyone knows that FSU Law passed UF Law in the rankings. Yesterday, I shared links showing that UF Law is ranked #48 in student selectivity (25% of the overall) and FSU is #55.

Today, I found a link (http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... news-.html)showing the US News Peer Reputation Ranking (25% of overall ranking):
UF is #35
FSU is #46.

I think it is safe to say that the reason FSU passed UF in the overall ranking despite being lower ranked in the student selectivity and peer assessment ratings is due to FSU's significantly better Placement Success for the year (20% of the overall rating). Hopefully, this will be the wake up call the CSO at UF desperately needs and they will match their counterparts at FSU's enthusiasm for finding students legal jobs.

US News Ranking Methodology: http://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... s-rankings

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 am

Roberrrrto wrote:So by now everyone knows that FSU Law passed UF Law in the rankings. Yesterday, I shared links showing that UF Law is ranked #48 in student selectivity (25% of the overall) and FSU is #55.

Today, I found a link (http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... news-.html)showing the US News Peer Reputation Ranking (25% of overall ranking):
UF is #35
FSU is #46.

I think it is safe to say that the reason FSU passed UF in the overall ranking despite being lower ranked in the student selectivity and peer assessment ratings is due to FSU's significantly better Placement Success for the year (20% of the overall rating). Hopefully, this will be the wake up call the CSO at UF desperately needs and they will match their counterparts at FSU's enthusiasm for finding students legal jobs.

US News Ranking Methodology: http://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... s-rankings

Your school still sucks dude, face it. Lol @ % w jobs & med salary @ both uf & Fsu. Can't wait to hear abt how much you hate your law school in three years

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:58 am

Roberrrrto wrote:So by now everyone knows that FSU Law passed UF Law in the rankings. Yesterday, I shared links showing that UF Law is ranked #48 in student selectivity (25% of the overall) and FSU is #55.

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

And they difference you quote between the two Schools in peer score is 3.1 v. 2.9. (4%) btw. Get real btw

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Roberrrrto

Bronze

Post by Roberrrrto » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:02 am

oblitigate wrote:

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

And they difference you quote between the two Schools in peer score is 3.1 v. 2.9. (4%) btw. Get real btw
That same .2 difference is the difference between FSU and Miami/ San Diego/ Oregon. .2 is significant

toshiroh

Bronze

Post by toshiroh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:11 am

oblitigate wrote:

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

Your school still sucks dude, face it. Lol @ % w jobs & med salary @ both uf & Fsu. Can't wait to hear abt how much you hate your law school in three years
And what school will you be attending, great one?

jkwo07

New

Post by jkwo07 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:15 am

Roberrrrto wrote:
jkwo07 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
rad lulz wrote:How much will each of them cost you

Just because two things are identical doesn't mean they're identically good. Maybe I missed it but were any actual costs listed or just in relation to each other?

The total Cost of Attendance (including housing) for both is about $34,000.
Per year or all three years?

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:27 am

toshiroh wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

I attended a school better than these and have a good job. Don't take my comments offensively, I'm not picking on Roberto. Just trying to help prevent regret; Roberto is the one w prestige and making a lot of money which is silly here

Most UF law grads are not going to practice law

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SailorMoon9543

Bronze

Post by SailorMoon9543 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:58 am

oblitigate wrote:

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

This is not supposed to be offensive? Really? I'm guessing you MUST have gone to a T14 then, right?

toshiroh

Bronze

Post by toshiroh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:02 am

oblitigate wrote:
toshiroh wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

I attended a school better than these and have a good job. Don't take my comments offensively, I'm not picking on Roberto. Just trying to help prevent regret; Roberto is the one w prestige and making a lot of money which is silly here

A better school that you failed to mention, and a good job. How about you focus on your "good job" instead of spending time on TLS trying to be some type of savior to 0ls.

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:41 am

toshiroh wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

Next time I'll just ignore your question.

Roberrrrto

Bronze

Post by Roberrrrto » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:05 am

oblitigate wrote:
toshiroh wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

UF is #35
FSU is #46.

Next time I'll just ignore your question.
Good. Please do.

When someone asks for advice picking between 2 schools the correct answer is not they both suck. That's not advice; that's trolling. I've read your posts on other boards... talking about how wonderful Baylor (Tier 2 at #51) is. The reality is that both UF and FSU are great schools for Floridians whose goal is practicing law in Florida. I have no interest in leaving FL and don't care if by going to UF I can't practice in NYC, DC, or Texas, nor did I ever seek the opinion from anyone not from, living in, or practicing law in FL.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:18 am

Your school still sucks dude, face it. Lol @ % w jobs & med salary @ both uf & Fsu. Can't wait to hear abt how much you hate your law school in three years[/quote]

And what school will you be attending, great one?[/quote]

Next time I'll just ignore your question.[/quote]

Good. Please do.

When someone asks for advice picking between 2 schools the correct answer is not they both suck. That's not advice; that's trolling. I've read your posts on other boards... talking about how wonderful Baylor (Tier 2 at #51) is. The reality is that both UF and FSU are great schools for Floridians whose goal is practicing law in Florida. I have no interest in leaving FL and don't care if by going to UF I can't practice in NYC, DC, or Texas, nor did I ever seek the opinion from anyone not from, living in, or practicing law in FL.[/quote]

Lol if anything I was bashing Baylor. You're just funny w how you talk abt prestige, and don't want you to misinform other applicants w acting like you understand how this all works

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:23 am

Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:26 am

Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:27 am

oblitigate wrote:
Lol if anything I was bashing Baylor. You're just funny w how you talk abt prestige, and don't want you to misinform other applicants w acting like you understand how this all works
I'm pretty agnostic on the question of whether or not UF/FSU/Baylor suck, but is English your first language? You write funny.

Also, I'm still waiting for your follow up question in the Miami thread when you asked if I was in law school yet. (Answer was no.)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 am

runinthefront wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

58.9% of UF grads are working in jobs where bar passage is required. When paired with "JD Advantage jobs" that number jum[s to 73.6%. Now, I'm not going to either FSU or UF and I agree that these employment statistics are not stellar by any means...but you're just trolling.

Seriously. I would love to know where you graduated, how much debt you accumulated in school, and the job that you're currently working to pay back those debts.

Obviously, it's not biglaw because you wouldn't have time to troll on a TLS forum in the middle of the day.
dude in not going to tell tls where I went to school but it is between 18-28, and first yr pay = $140-150k, and I work in patent litigation and I AM busy @ work but I'm clearly fuckin around on tls on my cell phone. Everyone's so #highsensativity this a.m.

SailorMoon9543

Bronze

Post by SailorMoon9543 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:31 am

oblitigate wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

58.9% of UF grads are working in jobs where bar passage is required. When paired with "JD Advantage jobs" that number jum[s to 73.6%. Now, I'm not going to either FSU or UF and I agree that these employment statistics are not stellar by any means...but you're just trolling.

Seriously. I would love to know where you graduated, how much debt you accumulated in school, and the job that you're currently working to pay back those debts.

Obviously, it's not biglaw because you wouldn't have time to troll on a TLS forum in the middle of the day.
dude in not going to tell tls where I went to school but it is between 18-28, and first yr pay = $140-150k, and I work in patent litigation and I AM busy @ work but I'm clearly fuckin around on tls on my cell phone. Everyone's so #highsensativity this a.m.
Of course we have a reaction to your comments. Obviously that's what you wanted or you wouldn't have said them in such a rude way.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:32 am

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:32 am

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SailorMoon9543

Bronze

Post by SailorMoon9543 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:34 am

runinthefront wrote:
oblitigate wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

"sensativity?" Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Bullshitttttt to literally everything you just mentioned.
+1

I hope to god after I graduate I don't spend my time commenting on TLS...

toshiroh

Bronze

Post by toshiroh » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 am

oblitigate wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

oblitigate

New

Post by oblitigate » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:36 am

runinthefront wrote:
oblitigate wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
oblitigate wrote:

"sensativity?" Yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Bullshitttttt to literally everything you just mentioned.
K dweeb

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:38 am

TWIST: oblitigate works for the UF admissions office.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”