UCLA vs. USC

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
omzster67

UCLA vs. USC

Postby omzster67 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm sure this has been covered before, but does anyone have a good comparison/breakdown of these schools head to head, other than the employment statistics?

ph14

Re: UCLA vs. USC

Postby ph14 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm

omzster67 wrote:I'm sure this has been covered before, but does anyone have a good comparison/breakdown of these schools head to head, other than the employment statistics?

I think that the general consensus is the schools are similar overall and to go wherever gives you more scholarship money. If it is the same amount at both schools, then just pick whichever one you like better. UCLA has a better location than USC, at least most people seem to think.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Equal cost? Choose whichever one you like better/flip a coin

civalj

Postby civalj » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:06 pm

I've been researching schools as far as their IP and tech/cyber programs ago. In speaking with representatives of the school, I got the impression that while both are Hollywood-focused (considering the area) and seem keen on turning out agents and others to protect that type of intellectual property, USC seems more interested in expanding its classes and programs into the developing legal world of the internet. This is really one 0L's impression from a couple of interviews, but the rep from UCLA really didn't seem to even grasp that the internet is developing so many issues outside of IP enforcement. Maybe this isn't what you are looking for, but it was enough to give USC a slight edge in terms of what type of focus I'm looking for. At the end of the day though, scholly offers will probably still weigh more into the decision.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:17 pm

civalj wrote:I've been researching schools as far as their IP and tech/cyber programs ago. In speaking with representatives of the school, I got the impression that while both are Hollywood-focused (considering the area) and seem keen on turning out agents and others to protect that type of intellectual property, USC seems more interested in expanding its classes and programs into the developing legal world of the internet. This is really one 0L's impression from a couple of interviews, but the rep from UCLA really didn't seem to even grasp that the internet is developing so many issues outside of IP enforcement. Maybe this isn't what you are looking for, but it was enough to give USC a slight edge in terms of what type of focus I'm looking for. At the end of the day though, scholly offers will probably still weigh more into the decision.

Yeah, this reads like an 0L post.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”