Deleted

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jl2311

Deleted

Postby jl2311 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:03 pm

Deleted
Last edited by jl2311 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

JCougar

Re: BU/GW/Seton Hall

Postby JCougar » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Given your employment goals and your options, I'd probably just take Seton Hall for free. There are almost 0 jobs nationally in environmental law and even less in animal law. The ones that exist in public interest will probably require you to volunteer for free for a year or two before you get offered a very low-paying job. It will be easier to do that if you don't have any debt. But even the unpaid volunteer positions at these agencies are competitive, and Seton Hall is not a very good school, so you may not be able to volunteer for free even if you want to.

That's why retaking is so important. Is there any reason why you believe you won't raise that score?

jl2311

Deleted

Postby jl2311 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Deleted
Last edited by jl2311 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

JCougar

Re: BU/GW/Seton Hall

Postby JCougar » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 pm

jl2311 wrote:Thanks so much for your response! I know jobs in this field are limited and therefore very competitive. But I am a very hard worker and believe I would stay at the top of the class at Seton Hall - getting involved with journals, Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, etc. - so I was thinking this would help my case with potential employers?

Law school grades are very random and subjective, so hard work doesn't guarantee anything. You should assume you're going to be around median even with hard work.

jl2311 wrote:I don't believe my score will raise because it hovered around the mid 160s during all of my practice tests (165 highest practice score) I took a class, and many many practice tests. As I said - I panic, heart racing and become sort of frantic. I just don't think the 3 points I could possibly get during a re-take would change the outcome from these schools too significantly.

Three points would make a world of difference. Don't short-change yourself. Getting into the best law school you possibly can is incredibly important...and making law school cheaper for yourself is equally important.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”