Is Penn State a good idea? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

I Penn State a good idea?

Yes!
13%
No!
53%
Maybe, it depends...
33%

Total votes: 30

JazzieShizzle

Bronze

Is Penn State a good idea?

Post by JazzieShizzle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Penn State has had a ton of negative attention, and the 2 campus system concerns me. Didn't they almost close Carlisle?
I want to know what TLS users think about this school, particularly in terms of its stability.

Please also comment and explain your opinion.

Thanks!

EDIT: I intend for this thread to rather broad so that anyone seeking advice regarding Penn State may benefit.
Personally, I want a job working for the government in criminal law, and I wouldn't mind being stuck in PA.
Last edited by JazzieShizzle on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwhyAn

Bronze

Re: Is Penn State a good idea?

Post by rwhyAn » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 pm

It's a good idea if you can go for free and don't have big law aspirations. You don't have to worry about stability at UP, but Carlisle might be a concern if they continue to enroll only 30 incoming students there every year. All their scholarships come with a 3.0 stip to the best of my knowledge, and if you lose the scholly, you're looking at $40k per year in tuition, which is most definitely not worth it.

Sacred Cow

New

Post by Sacred Cow » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:35 pm

It depends. Do you want an outside shot of being a lawyer in PA and almost no chance at a full time legal job anywhere else? If so, go for free.

Winston1984

Gold

Post by Winston1984 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:42 am

Sacred Cow wrote:It depends. Do you want an outside shot of being a lawyer in PA and almost no chance at a full time legal job anywhere else? If so, go for free.
This would be my concern. I would hate to go to law school and not have a good shot at any kind of legal job.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:53 am

Sacred Cow wrote:It depends. Do you want an outside shot of being a lawyer in PA and almost no chance at a full time legal job anywhere else? If so, go for free.

Good advice. Not many scenarios where going would be a good idea. Consider providing more details: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=206299

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”