First off, thank you guys for chiming in to offer advice!
Goals: IP/Patent Attorney in Biglaw or corporate in-house counsel/ litigator
Area Ties: Born, raised, and undergrad educated in NC
Schools: WUSTL (sticker as of now) =138K. Hopefully UNC =57K(assuming sticker) and Wake =117(assuming sticker)
I applied first week in January (late as s***) to Wake, UNC and WUSTL.
Within a week I received an email from the Dean about my acceptance to WUSTL.
Wake said my application decision will most likely be delayed. Judging by such an action rather than an immediate admit/denial, I'm most likely competitive for acceptance in their eyes.
Still waiting on UNC.
My family and my network in NC is extensive and I've got connections with admissions deans at Wake and UNC, not to mention I have credentials competitive considering their medians, I'm a URM, I'm soon to be published next month, and I have a stellar laboratory research resume: I should
get into these schools.
I have zero undergrad debt. I'm currently interning under a former Judge with a vast network who takes me to all types of bar association banquets, dinners, and political events. I've sat next to and networked with associates and partners at Alston Bird, Moore Van Allen, King Spaudling, and firms in NC. I have personal networks with corporate engineers, investment bankers, university researchers, and local political figures.
Assuming I get accepted into UNC and Wake, is it worth risking my NC network by leaving for WUSTL? At what point would it be reasonable or sensible to attend over UNC/Wake. I just don't know if WUSTL is worth the potential debt unless it opens up bigger opportunities for me and/or I'm able to transfer into the top 14. Please help me out guys!