Thoughts on conservatism in the Houston area? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jetdriver69

New

Re: Thoughts on conservatism in the Houston area?

Post by Jetdriver69 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:53 pm

The area around Rice University and the museum district is a sea of liberalism. If my father didn't work an oil company, there is no way we would live here. But there is tons of employment opportunities, both legal wise and in other industries. Housing is dirt cheap, 5000 sq ft with pool in a nice suburban neighborhood is around 550-600K. However around the museum district/downtown housing is very expensive!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Jetdriver69 wrote:The area around Rice University and the museum district is a sea of liberalism. If my father didn't work an oil company, there is no way we would live here. But there is tons of employment opportunities, both legal wise and in other industries. Housing is dirt cheap, 5000 sq ft with pool in a nice suburban neighborhood is around 550-600K. However around the museum district/downtown housing is very expensive!
Lulz at 550K being "dirt cheap."

AGrafton

New

Post by AGrafton » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Big city or not, you never forget you're in the good ol' state of Texas.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:55 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Jetdriver69 wrote:The area around Rice University and the museum district is a sea of liberalism. If my father didn't work an oil company, there is no way we would live here. But there is tons of employment opportunities, both legal wise and in other industries. Housing is dirt cheap, 5000 sq ft with pool in a nice suburban neighborhood is around 550-600K. However around the museum district/downtown housing is very expensive!
5000 SF is a big house.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:05 pm

BVest wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
5000 SF is a big house.
Oh yeah I know. Objectively speaking it's a good price. COL is one of the very best things Houston (and TX in general) has going for it.

Just can't imagine myself ever saying that something that costs half a million dollars is cheap.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”