Best law school for Colorado

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
NotHermione

Best law school for Colorado

Postby NotHermione » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm seriously considering pursuing a career in Colorado post law school and was wondering if anyone knew what schools typically do best in that market. I have low T14 numbers and am shooting for NU, Cornell & GULC but figured I should weigh all my options.

Edit: I DO have strong ties in CO.
Last edited by NotHermione on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phillywc

Re: Best law school for Colorado

Postby phillywc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Do you have Colorado ties?

LeDique

Postby LeDique » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:24 pm

What do you want? Do you have to have Colorado for work?

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:30 pm

NotHermione wrote:I'm seriously considering pursuing a career in Colorado post law school and was wondering if anyone knew what schools typically do best in that market. I have low T14 numbers and am shooting for NU, Cornell & GULC but figured I should weigh all my options.

I think any of those schools would be fine options, plus CU and DU if you get scholarship money. I tend to think since we're in the western US and culturally close to CA that Berkeley would be the credited lower T14 (at least that was my thought process) if you can get it, but it's not like people don't know GULC, NU, and Cornell are good schools too.

If you have never lived in Colorado before and don't have a spouse that works here or some major tie like that you'll probably have trouble unless you go to law school here though.

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Try to get some ties or go to CU/DU if your ok with probably not getting Biglaw. Move here for a year and get some colorado shit on the resume plus a solid why colorado story, then go to a T-14 and try to get one of the like... 35 Biglaw SAs in the entire state...

Dude just forget about Biglaw and live the Colorado life! Why move to a high quality of life place and then take a 55-60 hr a week office job? Sell out and completely change your life goals based on what I've told you over the internet.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”