Howard law v. Loyola University Chicago

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sublime

Re: Howard law v. Loyola University Chicago

Postby sublime » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm

PepperJack

Postby PepperJack » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 am

Assuming OP is real she is living proof of one of the main arguments against affirmative action. Clarence Thomas claims it will make minorities lazier, so the benefits will be canceled out. OP feels that as a double minority (whatever that means) her credentials don't matter, and she's set. This isn't true. Whatever benefit affirmative action gets her is sacrificed by the fact she gets affirmative action in the first place.

nothingtosee

Postby nothingtosee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:08 am

PepperJack wrote:Assuming OP is real she is living proof of one of the main arguments against affirmative action. Clarence Thomas claims it will make minorities lazier, so the benefits will be canceled out. OP feels that as a double minority (whatever that means) her credentials don't matter, and she's set. This isn't true. Whatever benefit affirmative action gets her is sacrificed by the fact she gets affirmative action in the first place.

Dear God. Quoting for proof.
PepperJack, you are the worst poster.

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:15 am

Debate AA here only please:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=178724

Mods wrote:actively debating the merits of affirmative action is forbidden in any on topic forum

PepperJack

Postby PepperJack » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:18 am

OK, sorry. I wasn't debating the merits. I am for it. I'm just saying that OP is the only person I've seen who actually fits what Clarence Thomas says in that she tries less hard because of its existence by her own admittance. I wasn't saying all people do this, just OP. My point was that the rational person would retake and really put in their best, and then rely on their benefit to get them Harvard instead of Georgetown, not that they'd just go to a school with 10% big law placement.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”