Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Fordham w/$$ or Georgetown sticker?

Georgetown sticker
57
68%
Fordham w/$$
27
32%
 
Total votes: 84

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:26 pm

giantsfan564789 wrote:That is very fair to say and part of me agrees with you, but isn't the goal to represent things as they are, not being overly negative or positive? Just an opinion of mine, but you do bring up a valid point.


Yeah ideally the objective realities would be represented. But keeping in mind the lack of complete or accurate data, and that perhaps even some malicious withholding of information has occurred, I think it is clear that some constant skepticism and occasional pessimism is warranted.

I am new to this site, but I think kappycaft1 and other amateur analysts do a good job (kappycaft1 especially). They certainly paint a more accurate picture than the schools themselves and everyday public knowledge. If that includes a marginal over-correction so be it. It might save a few people crushing outcomes. Which is more important than the slim possibility of deterring an excellent future attorney from the profession.

User avatar
Fiero85
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:38 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:29 pm

(not saying kappycaft1 was wrong either btw. His most recent post breaks down how silly the distinctions in this discussion of Fordham have become)

giantsfan564789
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby giantsfan564789 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:56 pm

.
Last edited by giantsfan564789 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby BigZuck » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:35 pm

Numerous people who know what they are talking about and have thousands of posts disagree with you and you still sit here and try to argue with them?

I think your trolling has run its course, 7 pages of this nonsense is more than enough.

For future 0Ls reading this, here are the key points:
1. Fordham and Georgetown are classic trap schools that should only be attended with a steep discount. What does that mean? Probably close to a full ride at Fordham and at least 90K at Georgetown.
2. If you have to, retake the LSAT until you get into a sensible school at a sensible price.

giantsfan564789
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby giantsfan564789 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 pm

.
Last edited by giantsfan564789 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby BigZuck » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:16 pm

giantsfan564789 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Numerous people who know what they are talking about and have thousands of posts disagree with you and you still sit here and try to argue with them?

I think your trolling has run its course, 7 pages of this nonsense is more than enough.

For future 0Ls reading this, here are the key points:
1. Fordham and Georgetown are classic trap schools that should only be attended with a steep discount. What does that mean? Probably close to a full ride at Fordham and at least 90K at Georgetown.
2. If you have to, retake the LSAT until you get into a sensible school at a sensible price.


What are you so mad about? I thought you all like to argue anyway?


I'm not mad, just calling a spade (troll) a spade (troll).

There's also not much of an argument here. You're wrong, and in general everyone else is right.

giantsfan564789
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby giantsfan564789 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm

.
Last edited by giantsfan564789 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rickgrimes69
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby rickgrimes69 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:44 pm

BigZuck wrote:There's also not much of an argument here. You're wrong, and in general everyone else is right.

giantsfan564789
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby giantsfan564789 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 pm

.
Last edited by giantsfan564789 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rickgrimes69
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby rickgrimes69 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:10 am

giantsfan564789 wrote:
rickgrimes69 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:There's also not much of an argument here. You're wrong, and in general everyone else is right.


whoosh

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby john1990 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Your are going to struggle at Georgetown and are more likely to place better at Fordham. It is not smart to go to a reach in this market

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby BigZuck » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:10 pm

john1990 wrote:Your are going to struggle at Georgetown and are more likely to place better at Fordham. It is not smart to go to a reach in this market


No.

John- I beg of you. Please stop. Your trolling is hurting the site.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby john1990 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:31 pm

BigZuck wrote:
john1990 wrote:Your are going to struggle at Georgetown and are more likely to place better at Fordham. It is not smart to go to a reach in this market


No.

John- I beg of you. Please stop. Your trolling is hurting the site.


He has shit numbers at Georgetown and will finish at the bottom of the class. He has better numbers for Fordham

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby BigZuck » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:03 pm

john1990 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
john1990 wrote:Your are going to struggle at Georgetown and are more likely to place better at Fordham. It is not smart to go to a reach in this market


No.

John- I beg of you. Please stop. Your trolling is hurting the site.


He has shit numbers at Georgetown and will finish at the bottom of the class. He has better numbers for Fordham


No.

John- I beg of you. Please stop. Your trolling is hurting the site.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby john1990 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 pm

BigZuck wrote:
john1990 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
john1990 wrote:Your are going to struggle at Georgetown and are more likely to place better at Fordham. It is not smart to go to a reach in this market


No.

John- I beg of you. Please stop. Your trolling is hurting the site.


He has shit numbers at Georgetown and will finish at the bottom of the class. He has better numbers for Fordham


No.

John- I beg of you. Please stop. Your trolling is hurting the site.


He will suffer at Georgetown and do well at fordham

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby BigZuck » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:23 pm

For all we know he's the next Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

His stats aren't determinative of law school performance. Please stop.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby Nova » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:27 pm

john1990 wrote:He will suffer at Georgetown and do well at fordham

Your IP address needs to be nuked

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22808
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:34 pm

LSAT and GPA, particularly LSAT, may be the best indicators we have of law school performance, but they're not remotely definitive indicators. There are all sorts of anecdotes here of people who squeaked into a given school because their numbers were low, who end up in the top 10% of their class. Also consider transfer students - again, based on what people report here, many students' grades at their new schools don't drop at all, and those whose grades do drop, drop maybe 5-10%. Clearly the LSAT/GPA that kept them out of the transfer school to start with don't keep them from succeeding once they get there.

Also, Fordham and Georgetown aren't exactly in different intellectual universes. If someone was choosing between a full ride at Cooley [or insert your favorite TTTT here] and Georgetown, the concern that they'd struggle at Georgetown might have some merit. But the difference between Fordham and Georgetown students isn't great enough to draw the conclusion that someone who succeeds at Fordham will struggle at Georgetown.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby john1990 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:38 pm

You need to stop your crying.

The LSAT is the best judge for law school success and the GPA is a great figure too. If he can't get any money that means his numbers are bad and the school was a reach. OP what are your numbers? I would not recommend taking on $135,000 in debt while holding some of the worst numbers at the school in a bad market. I would not recommend GULC at sticker for anyone, even if their bad numbers are the result of bad chance. I also would not recommend crying about someone voicing a different opinion.

He will likely be bottom of the class GULC or median at Fordham. That is what the schools are telling him with their offers. If GULC was taking care of 99% of there class like they should be I would say GULC but it isn't the ticket it used to be

BigZuck
Posts: 10853
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby BigZuck » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:42 pm

john1990 wrote:You need to stop your crying.

The LSAT is the best judge for law school success and the GPA is a great figure too. If he can't get any money that means his numbers are bad and the school was a reach. OP what are your numbers? I would not recommend taking on $135,000 in debt while holding some of the worst numbers at the school in a bad market. I would not recommend GULC at sticker for anyone, even if their bad numbers are the result of bad chance. I also would not recommend crying about someone voicing a different opinion.

He will likely be bottom of the class GULC or median at Fordham. That is what the schools are telling him with their offers. If GULC was taking care of 99% of there class like they should be I would say GULC but it isn't the ticket it used to be


No.

Please stop.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22808
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:55 pm

BigZuck wrote:
john1990 wrote:You need to stop your crying.

The LSAT is the best judge for law school success and the GPA is a great figure too. If he can't get any money that means his numbers are bad and the school was a reach. OP what are your numbers? I would not recommend taking on $135,000 in debt while holding some of the worst numbers at the school in a bad market. I would not recommend GULC at sticker for anyone, even if their bad numbers are the result of bad chance. I also would not recommend crying about someone voicing a different opinion.

He will likely be bottom of the class GULC or median at Fordham. That is what the schools are telling him with their offers. If GULC was taking care of 99% of there class like they should be I would say GULC but it isn't the ticket it used to be


No.

Please stop.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby 20141023 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:55 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yanky91
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby Yanky91 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Alright, I will answer the original post. If these are your only options, then I would choose Georgetown over Fordham with half tuition.

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby john1990 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Final comment - 17 people in the poll agreed with me

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Fordham w/ $$ or Georgetown

Postby 20141023 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], nightie and 1 guest