WUSTL $$$? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
RLowry23

Bronze

WUSTL $$$?

Post by RLowry23 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:25 pm

So, unexpectedly, I got into WUSTL this week with a 163 LSAT and a 3.5 GPA (in my interview they talked about how they loved my upward trend though).

I realize that the COA is extremely high and undoubtedly not REALLY worth the sticker price. Does anyone on TLS think that I have any shot at getting some sort of $$$?

EDIT: Also, I have taken the LSAT twice (163 in June, 161 in October) my relevant PT's have never been over 164 or 165 after starting with a 150 diagnostic and working my ass off through Testmasters and the Power Score trilogy. Graduated from undergrad a semester early, took that semester to practice for the June LSAT and do nothing else.

bombaysippin

Gold

Re: WUSTL $$$?

Post by bombaysippin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:58 pm

Unfortunately I don't see why they would give money for numbers below medians. But who knows...

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Congrats!

I think much of your success wrt to scholarship will depend on what you can bring to the table re: competitive offers. Apply to schools like UMN, GWU, Iowa, ND, BC/BU, U of Washington, ect. and if you can scrounge money out of them it will give you a much stronger case for scholarships at WashU.

Good luck!

RLowry23

Bronze

Post by RLowry23 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:24 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Congrats!

I think much of your success wrt to scholarship will depend on what you can bring to the table re: competitive offers. Apply to schools like UMN, GWU, Iowa, ND, BC/BU, U of Washington, ect. and if you can scrounge money out of them it will give you a much stronger case for scholarships at WashU.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice. I have fee waivers from UMN and BU so it'll be more than worth it to throw them an app. Have actually already applied to all of the other places too.

Birdnals

Gold

Post by Birdnals » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Congrats on the admission. I don't think you really have a shot at any scholarship worth going though. Even with offers from peer schools without you doing something to bring up their medians they aren't going to take money off tuition.

Try retaking? You are already admitted and 5 more points on the LSAT is almost guaranteed money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Birdnals wrote:Congrats on the admission. I don't think you really have a shot at any scholarship worth going though. Even with offers from peer schools without you doing something to bring up their medians they aren't going to take money off tuition.

Try retaking? You are already admitted and 5 more points on the LSAT is almost guaranteed money.
schools regularly match scholarships from peers for candidates below their medians. and even 3 more pts were getting full rides at WUSTL last cycle.

Birdnals

Gold

Post by Birdnals » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:45 pm

jbagelboy wrote: schools regularly match scholarships from peers for candidates below their medians. and even 3 more pts were getting full rides at WUSTL last cycle.
They only do that if they think their medians are going to drop. There isn't going to be a bidding war over somebody that doesn't make a school go up in USN ranking, there just isn't.

WUSTL gave out big money last year because they got a huge "use it or lose it" grant from the main university for the year. That isn't happening again this year.

Cellar-door

Bronze

Post by Cellar-door » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:11 am

Use your 3rd retake.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:17 am

Cellar-door wrote:Use your 3rd retake.
Yeah, its definitely worth a shot

hit medians, get more $$